Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Alarm LED Pics

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well I am working on a full fledged Security FAQ right now.. I hope to wrap it up this weekend... but this thread is a good place to mention a few things..

1.) There is no sensor, alarm, trigger, or magic to stopping any determined Professional theif. Always remember that.. Your job with your alarm is to make them think twice, maybe 3 times.. if you do that they normally will move on to easier prey. If they want your stuff, parts or the whole truck badly enough no alarm will stop them..dont fool yourselves

2.) To date, in nearly 18 years of installing alarm systems in everything from mopeds, Motorcycles, Cars/Trucks/SUV's, Boats, Semi's, & Aircraft there is not a sensor I would trust to detect "jacking fo the vehicle" to protect the wheels & tires... I say that because the foundation of a good sensor is minimal to zero false alarms & protection from the intended violation. If a vehcile is on a steep city street with a jacking/tilt sensor, it is already at a position to go off before you even arm it.. Also with DEI, if you arm the alarm with a sensor "open" or gogin off (open door, hood, tilt switch grounded) the alarm bypasses that sensor until it is corrected. So a pro thief will wait until the truck is on a steep street, chock the front wheels, jack the back take the rears, then lay the suspension down onthe pavement.. do the front... alarm didn't do its job...

3.) Looking for an alarm to detect someone leaning or brushing up against your vehicle?? That is simple: an 8ft barbed wire fence that is collapsable into your bed. A 1-3 year old rotwieller who hasnt been fed in a few weeks, & an armed Sodimite name Franz who likes thieves for his play toys... All sarcasm aside... People are idiots. If you dont want your vehicle exposed to people.. leave it in the garage.. Don't cloud the worry-cells in your brain with "oh they leaned on my truck" & then go gung ho for an alarm that falses & makes noise to the point you quit using it.. that's when someone will take everything. Bottom line be practicle about your security battles..

4.) Dual stage proximity sensors ROCK.. these things can be set to protect the interior or even the bed of an open truck from smash/slash(soft tonnue covers) & grab. But also offer a bit of protection for #3 above.. they warn away with a beep tone when someone gets within a limit zone.. this is zone #1. Zone #2 is the hot zone.. hand through an open (left open or broken) or a hand under a soft cover... the alarm instantly goes off like a door or hood being opened.

5.) Shock sensors detect what?? S-H-O-C-K-s to the body... BLOWs to the body.. a door slammed into your bed side.. a side swipe in the adult video parking lot...etc.. Not leanign or bumping.. They are set with a very specific process... a sharp rap of the palm of your hand against the windshield pillar is a good place... you can adjust them nore sesnitvely for say a rear cab corner or a rear bumper but then every harley & old clapped out Nova or Monte Carlo with Glas pack muffler draggin the ground will set it off too... again be practcle & use the sensors for their intended purpose.

Last thing.. I think the Clifford RS3.5 has 3 outs & the Viper only has 1 or 2... window/sunroof control, neon lights, door solenoids to pop a door open... stereo valet, all kinds of uses.

Rob W.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lots of GREAT info Rob!
    you definately know your chit! ;t

Last thing.. I think the Clifford RS3.5 has 3 outs & the Viper only has 1 or 2... window/sunroof control, neon lights, door solenoids to pop a door open... stereo valet, all kinds of uses.
    The viper (791 at least) has 3 outputs as well. mine are setup one for windows, one for outside neons, and one for inside neons

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ;c ;c ;c friggin alarm decided to go ape chit on me tonight. come back from the races at Atco with tatoostuff and notice my back LED's aren't flashing but the flat panels are. i get the remote and try to remote start to see if the battery might be dead and the battery backup for the alarm is running the alarm and nothing.
    I unarm it, it shows its unlocked, and open the door and i get blasted with the alarm.
    shut it real quick, go to turn it off with the remote and my remote stops working. My installer never told me where the valet switch is, so i just let it go through its cycle then the siren shuts off.

Dont want to mess with it anymore and have it go off again (its 11:15 at night, i'm sure the neighbors are pissed enough ;t ) so i go get the factory keyfob and hit the button to lock the doors. then i hear beep, beep, beep....think to myself oh chit, not again .....WHOOP WHOOOP WHOOOP. stupid alarm goes off again. the door locks triggered it to go off. Gotta let it go through its cycle AGAIN until the siren shuts off. At least the doors are locked and the alarm is still armed. Now the fun part will be getting into it again to drive it to the alarm shop ;t

I had an appointment monday, but i'm calling tomorrow morning. Now the remote is driving me nuts because it beeps every minute since the alarm was triggered and it wont stop until i unarm the truck again, which the remote wont let me do.

sorry for the pointless long post, but i just had to vent

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh geez...the computer has taken over ur truck...just like AOL takes over ur computer

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh, dont feel bad... mine occasionally & randomly doesnt like the door triggers... I can be sitting in the Borders or Barnes & Noble.. truck totally away from EVERYTHING... alarm goes off..

I have to take mine into Best Buy on Tuesday. Get the 2nd remote programed, extend the run time, & have the door triggers checked out... I am running the wiring for the proximity sensor for the bed myself today. Getting red to put the interior in the bed (with stereo stuff too... )

Every alarm has its little growing/adjusting pains... otherwise its not doing its job.

Rob W.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    well, turned out to be a dead battery.

truck wouldn't remote start, then the backup battery even died from running all the alarm accessories and sirens when it kept going off which is why the remotes wouldn't work. Went out there yesterday, and everything seems to be working again.

weird though because the truck sat a week without being started and the alarm on and the truck started fine. then after i get the HU put in it sat for like 3 days and it dies. i go back tomorrow and he's going to test for draw on everythihgn to make sure no wires came loose or something like that.

Dunno how it died with that beastly azz optima yellow top though. Although just to be careful for in the future, even if he does find something that came unhooked and was drawing power when it shouldn't, he suggested i go to dual optima's and a trickle charger, and he's looking into how to program the alarm so it will monitor the battery charge and if it gets too low it'll start the truck and charge the battery up, which would be great for shows so i dont accidently kill the battery.

So....anybody else running dual batteries?

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think i might be getting this, depends.....there have been 9 cars/trucks broken into at my school and 5 systems stolen! But, here lately nothing has happended, but i still want it time of getting it is anytime from now and ____________

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4