Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alarm LED Pics

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Alarm LED Pics

Got my alarm installed the beginning of this week! Huge thanks to 2TonHog for hooking me up with Tweeter and the alarm, and another HUGE thanks to everybody here at NHTOC for helping me out. without all your guys help my truck wouldn't be anywhere near where its at now!
    Almost back to normal....got the new HU, hopefully crockett can install it soon, got my cali car cover back as well yesterday. Just gotta get the paint fixed and replace the vent visor and i'm set to go wont be totally finished by march like i was hoping, but it'll be close enough....

I was asked to post pics of the LED's for the alarm, so here they are...

The "out of sight, out of mind" approach obviously didn't work for me as you guys know with the truck being all the way up my drive next to my house, under the car cover and tucked away, since they broke into the truck anyway, so hopefully the LED's will let any dbags know that the truck is ARMED AND SECURED NOW!!!!

Flat panel LED on both rear door windows, and bottom center of front windshield. These flat panels are pretty sweet...like 1.5" square, and only like 1/32" thick. Shines through the tinted glass on the backs just fine at night.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (15.5 KB, 451 views)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    flashing regular type LED on the left side of the steering wheel below the gauges.
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (26.9 KB, 448 views)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Here's my favorite part of it all....

2 blinking LED's in the LED 3rd brakelight where the cargo lamps used to be. they are useless with a hard tonneau, so i had my installer put a set of LED's up there. Talk about bright especially with the reflectors up inside the lense. you can see it reflecting on the tonneau.
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (18.1 KB, 445 views)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    going with the LED setup so they can be seen from any angle of the truck. Flat panel in both rear side windows so you can see it from the sides, flat panel in the windshield for the front view, LED in the 3rd brakelight for the rear view, and one in the interior for the inside view.

more of the 3rd brakelight :k
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (21.5 KB, 445 views)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    closup of flashing LED in the cargo lamp
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (26.6 KB, 443 views)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I also have an extra flat panel i'm going to sew into the car cover and the guy ran a line under the truck so i can plug it in when i lock the cover up. so anybody knows its armed when the cover is on.

Overall view...harder to see in the pics, but the flat panel in the windshield and rear side window
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (18.8 KB, 442 views)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    back corner view. LED 3rd LED's and side window LED flatpanel can be seen. its brighter in person
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (19.1 KB, 435 views)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    The installer had a soft spot for harley's so he really took good care of me and took his time with everything. He also did something with the window switches so they are all "one touch" up and down, instead of just the drivers window one touch down.

He even wired up my neons so i can turn the outside and/or inside neons on/off from the remote.

1st time i've ever used something with remote start as well, definately sweet!

Thanks again everybody for helping me get my truck back to normal! I can't even express how much i appreciate all the help with everything and all the advice! After this weekend it should be 90% there

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lookin good josh...you can tell its your truck when its so clean its blingin in the light of street lamps sounds like you got a trick alarm on there now...and hte extras he wired up are sweet...the sound sleep will be well worth the money

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looks good, did you add LEDS next to the rear brake light leds or they blue bulbs? Please give me some close up pics please.

Oh and I like the flat panel leds...sweet

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh and how many pics did you go through to get all those pics lit?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh Buddy gald its all done... which alarm did you go with? Did you get remote start too?

I REALLY like the L 3rd brake light idea... I will do my taillights instead so I dont copy you.. LOL

;d

Rob W.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    oh and how many pics did you go through to get all those pics lit?
    i was wondering when i woudl get that question ;t
    I put the camera on burst mode. It takes 8 pics really quick so a few of them would catch the LED's lit. Just alot of pics to go through once uploaded

Oh and I like the flat panel leds...sweet
    All thanks to your suggestion and pics of yours. thanks for the idea buddy

looks good, did you add LEDS next to the rear brake light leds or they blue bulbs? Please give me some close up pics please.
    They are LED's inside there where the yellow cargo lights used to be. He cut out the bulbs, and mounted a LED in each hole where the cargo lamps used to be. WIth the chrome reflector from the cargo lamps, the LED's in there are really really bright! I'll try and get some closeup pics of it in the daytime so you can see.

the sound sleep will be well worth the money
    you have no idea man. before even though nothing was left in the truck to steal except the truck itself, if i heard the slightest noise i would jump out of bed at night and run to the window. Talk about paranoia ;b I've actually slept soundly the past 2 nights with the responder remote right next to my bed so i can keep a close eye on it

I wish i could have gone with Red LED's and flatpanels so it would match all my neons, but the flatpanels only come in blue so he did everything in blue. gives it a little contrast i guess though. Red neons for my accessory stuff, Blue LED's for the alarm stuff.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Originally posted by 2002GreyHD150
    Josh Buddy gald its all done... which alarm did you go with? Did you get remote start too?

I REALLY like the L 3rd brake light idea... I will do my taillights instead so I dont copy you.. LOL

;d

Rob W.
    Thanks Rob! I'm glad you like the LED 3rd brakelight idea! I remember you suggested putting them in the tails, and i asked the installer about that when i took it out there and he said it would be more work to run the wires all the way back there and they usually wouldnt do that, although he did alot of things for my truck he normally wouldn't do for regular installs. I couldn't be happier with everything he did with it.
    So...i asked him if he could put them in the cargo lamps since it was alot easier to run the wires while the headliner was down. He never an LED install like that before but he really liked the idea and was just as excited as me to see how it turned out. You can copy Rob...just when anybody says "hey, sweet LED install in the cargo lamps" you can say "yeah, Josh had it 1st" LoL! ;) j/k

2TonHog was able to hook me up with a Viper 791XV with a "Friends & Family Discount". Huge thanks to him for the hookup!
    It has remote start. I love it, the range on it is really far.

Another huge thanks to you Rob. I'm sure you're tired of answering all my PM's with tons of questions by now ;t

And last, but not least, another huge thanks to everybody here at NHTOC who helped me out getting the truck back to normal! You guys rock!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh, trust me... you have given as much or more than we gave back.

Your questions are ever a bother or a problem.. ask or call any time.. phone's always open.

Gald your back & all is well...

Rob W

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast