Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's a pic of the hinge...
    Attached Images Attached Images

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up JOB WELL DONE, BillP

Looks like it was PROFESSIONALLY done...overhang at LEFT & RIGHT is perfectly even (same as front & back of lid). Mission accomplsihed, my man.
    Bet you can't help finding EVERY LITTLE EXCUSE to go out for a drive, can't you? C'mon, fess up. Heck I know I did, volunteered to do all kinds of errands for my wife...so I can SHOW IT OFF
    Yeah, baby, yeah!!!! Speedsturrs are DA BOMB.

MODAHOLIC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like it is hanging off the rear a little too far. Did they put the gaylords emblem on the back? I cant see it. I need to make sure to call paul tomorrow to make sure they dont put it on mine.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wouldnt worry..

to much about the Gaylords emblem, mine came right off without any problems.
    CW

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

comes off like a sticker

But I'm debating if I should take it off or keep it. knowing how much these lids cost (non-GB price), I wouldn't mind other people seeing the gaylord logo back there....either they'll think:
    "What a fool spending all that money on a lid";b or
    "Damn, that guy forked over the cash to get a Speedsturr" ;d

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kromdom, take the emblem off. Looks much better IMO.

My lid is definitely hanging too far off the gate. I need to loosen the bed and move it back a bit from the cab so I can move the lid forward some. I didn't have the time to do that this weekend. I'll probably get to it on Sat.

I think there's only about 6 bolts holding on the bed so it shouldn't be too hard just more of a pain getting it all even and adjusted right.

MODAHOLIC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by BillP
    Kromdom, take the emblem off. Looks much better IMO.

My lid is definitely hanging too far off the gate. I need to loosen the bed and move it back a bit from the cab so I can move the lid forward some. I didn't have the time to do that this weekend. I'll probably get to it on Sat.

I think there's only about 6 bolts holding on the bed so it shouldn't be too hard just more of a pain getting it all even and adjusted right.

I dont think I would move the bed until after you try adjusting the lid. Check the gap between the bed and cab and compare it toanother one.

Five-0
    Name: Kirk, 2 tone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys. The lid should be set to match the curve of your bed where it meets the cab. If you don't set it here, it will look funny. Yes, I agree that the bed will stick over the tailgate a little too far but this is the appropriate place.
    2003 F-150 Harley Davidson "100 yr. anniversary"
    2007 BMW 530i
    2014 RAM 1500

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sad!! I have no lid, no contact and no ship date but my bank account is negative 1000+ US Dollars. I got a nice glimpse of a smashed one for my efforts though!!! This kind blows.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

u called Gaylord lately

I tried to get an update for you while I was there last FRI but they were very busy and was not able to give me the info. TONY or ALICIA over there have been very helpful. Good luck and hang in there, man.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2 Tone,
    Let me make sure I follow you....

Are you saying the lid may extend beyond the tgate a little but that is okay? Mine is out beyond the rubber weatherstrip that is under the lid. I would assume you want the weatherstrip to at least touch the tgate.

My lid is pretty tight against the cab right now so the only other option is to move the bed back a little. The instructions from Gaylord even mention moving the bed if you need to.

I looked at another one over the weekend. I didn't measure the bed gap at the cab but it looked about the same as mine. The other guy's truck doesn't have a lid yet so not sure if he will have the same trouble as me.

Five-0
    Name: Kirk, 2 tone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have you seen my link at FTW regarding this lid? If you would like more detail closer shots, just let me know. Some of my shots have been stolen from that site and posted on a lid link here so a few may look familiar.:f
    http://ftw.truckmoxie.com/forums/topic.ten?id=252310

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    called paul today cuz I havnt herd anything. Told me that mine shiped 3/3 and gave me a tracking #. Called watkins they said it would be at my office tomorrow. I cant wait... another piece to keep my car duster busy. The pollen right now is out of control. Anyway I am totaly stoked. Cant wait till the hemi boys with the ARE Spoiler lids get to wish they had found a lid this coooolll. adam

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

have a safe trip home

If you haven't seen them yet, BillP posted pix of how he hauled his lid home. More importantly, hope the inspection goes OK. Good luck.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanx, 2 tone. It does look like your lid hangs over the t/gate a little. Could you do me a favor and measure the gap? Mine is lined up like yours at the bed/cab so maybe I'm okay as is.

Thanx again for your help.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast