Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaylord GB-comments, concerns, updates, etc

Five-0
    Name: Kirk, 2 tone

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BillP . . . The seal does not touch the tailgate. There is an approximate gap of 3/8" between the weather seal and tailgate. I can stick my first joint on my index finger between them but not my second joint. I did measure it also. It's a much tighter fit on each side though. Don't expect it to be airtight or waterproof. You shouldn't get any water in there unless you take a hose or stream of water and shoot it upwards at the tailgate.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks, 2 tone, I appreciate the help. Sounds like mine may be okay then. I'll check the measurement to see if it compares to yours.

I really didn't expect airtight or waterproof since, as you say, you shouldn't get any water under there. I just saw the weatherstrip there and assumed it touched the top of the tailgate.

Thanks again.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Woo Hoo! Lid is at home and waiting for me!!! I had a friend inspect it for me and said it was ok....I'll kill him if he messed up. So how easy/hard of an install am I facing here. I know I need a 2nd pair of hands to help get it on. Any tips from those who have already installed theirs???

TIA,

Rob
    NHTOC #163

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im with canes any tips guys? is the hardest part getting the lid aligned?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    will the lid give me another half an inch of a drop in the back?

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CANES & javy2283,
    Hope BillP or Tutone chimes in...they did a DIY install. I watched Javier @ Gaylord install mine and aligning did not look too hard. After he was done with TEST FIT, he crawled inside the bed/under the lid and took measuremenst: to check gap b/w lid & cab at the left & right edges. Then more tweaking. He was done in less than one hour (but he's been doing this for almost 2 years).

I'll have to re-measure to truck to check on any changes in drop (lid is over 100 lbs). Good luck both

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thnks kromdom, ill take a stab at the install but if i have problems then ill take it to the shop where i get work done on the truck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    javy and CAN Es,
    The install is not that hard. The instructions are pretty easy.

Couple things:

Make sure to install the aluminum stiffeners under the bedcaps. You have to pull the bedcaps up. Careful not to break the clips. I broke one but it did not prevent the cap from going back on.

The spacers have double sided tape and mount to the clamps. I did not see anything in the directions about this.

The supplement instructions that mention the stiffeners also talk about spacers that mount over and under the bedcaps. I tried to use them but the saddles did not mount right afterwards so I pulled them off. Seems to be okay now.

My lid extends over the back of the tailgate about 3/4 inch. According to 2 tone this is probably okay. If you wanted you could loosen the bed bolts and move it back to allow the lid to be closer to the tailgate.

I didn't need anyone else to help once I got the lid on the truck. I just slid the lid back far enough to mount the saddles and hinges then I slid it back.

Good luck and post pix when you're done!!

Kromdom, so where's the pics of yours??? You've had it almost a week now, LOL!!!

NHTOC #05
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's HEERRE

My wife did an excellent job of checking over the lid to make certain there were no defects before signing for it. I enlisted the aid of my brother-in-law to come help with the lifting, etc.

Got home, changed and laid the lid on my truck... It's not the X2000 I ordered; it has the wing on it. Called Gaylord and they promised to make it right as soon as I decided what I want to do...return the winged one and order another without the wing, or if the wing grows on me, keep it and he'll refund the difference.

So I'm still looking at the lid on my truck trying to decide.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keep the wing, Hawgzilla!! You saw BlueOvals dilemma when his arrived damaged. He is still waiting for his replacement, besides, the wing makes it unique compared to other lids.

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kromdom, wanted to let you know that I received my lid today in great shape. It took a while to figure out the backward azz instructions, but the install was straight forward. Looks and fits great, I also have the overhang on the back. I wanted to say thank you for helping to make my ride a step above the competition...GREAT WORK adam

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Keep the lid..

with the wing on it!!
    CW

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

glad i could help

Originally posted by cfradam
    Kromdom, wanted to let you know that I received my lid today in great shape. It took a while to figure out the backward azz instructions, but the install was straight forward. Looks and fits great, I also have the overhang on the back. I wanted to say thank you for helping to make my ride a step above the competition...GREAT WORK adam
    You are very welcome, cfradam

HAWGZILLA,
    Flat, smooth lids are DIME A DOZEN. As BillP said, wings are very rare & few (prosport, fibernetics and speedsturr). Ultimately, you're call. Besides, a LID in hand is worth

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

finally got the pictures but

BillP,
    Could not figure out how to resize to make it meet the limit. I even have pix of the factory, retail store and some installation pix. Might have to bring the picture CD to work tomorrow so the experts can help me out.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

PICTURES: Gaylord X2000 motherland

MANUFACTURING: not too impressive looking. Door under white awning is entrance to PAUL's office
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast