Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: kenne bell or procharger

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok this is good info... I am curious & open minded (don't anyone get carried away! LOL) tell me about the character differences between the 2 trucks.

Did you mention which Centrif you have? I didn't catch that part. Which brand & model?

I am being totally serious & humble right now.. I have never had a chance to have someone with a TRUCK own both @ the same time.

How are the trucks different? which pulls harder from a 30 roll? a 60 roll? dead stop? where does each feel strongest? what rpm or what band range?

I have owned & driven both types of blowers in Mustangs & in trucks but never basically identical vehicles. So I am very curious to hear your feedback.

My '77 Mustang II had an SEFi 5.0 with a Vortech S-trim for about 2 years & then I had a KB on a 5.0 in my '78 king cobra, but the engines were slightly different engine combinations. So I am all ears... always willing to learn....

Last thing I will say is that I agree with what Gamble said above about the Procharger being a totally different centrif then Vortech/Paxton.

Rob W

Turbo Monkey
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thx Rob, I trashed two BIG vortech sc's and a Paxton before going to the procharger's. The key is in the vastly different gearing between the procharger line and the others. I can tell you on a built 331inch 302 I would make peak boost,[27lbs] at about 7k wither the others. With the Procharger I only made 24lbs but it peaked at only 24-2600rpm and stayed there. Strangely I made about 65 more HP and 80lbs of torque with less boost with the procharger.

Rob I agree even the prochargers won't make much boost under 1500rpm but from there up it is so much more efficient and flows so much more Volume of air it surpasses any roots type blower any street car or truck would,,,,, it's a tuff call.

Then I went TURBO,, and the world changed forever!!!

02 DSG
    6# lower
    K&N
    Spintech Muffs
    and Predator
    God speed is TOO slow!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In comparision the power between the two is the centrif fells more like a bell curve on power while the roots feels like a study pull. The centrif takes off at 30mph better than the roots as the roots takes off better a 60mph.

I have a vortech SQ trim @ 8psi with alky injection and electric fans on the 01.

If I did it all over again, I would install a turbo, there is a Co that is advertising close to 400rwhp at 5psi. Suppose to be released soon.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gamble & 1jt... see this is exactly WHY I LOVE this forum...

Once the right questions get asked & there are people like you guys to comment... it all works...

I wasnt far off, but I learned more too!!

Final thought from me: After VOrtech'ing a car, KB'ing a car, & having an Eaton'ed truck... the complete rebuild of the '77 Mustang Cobra II is getting twin turbo's on a 5.4 Navi DOHC. I am right ther with both of you... turbo is the way to go.

Rob W.

What can I do next?!!?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who is the company that will be producing the turbo kits for the 5.4 trucks? I would be very interested in this as an option....:b2:
    2003 F-150 Super Crew w/5.4
    Special Color & Chrome Package

Mods:
    ROUSH Suspension
    ROUSH Exhaust
    ARE Hard Tonneau Cover
    Air Force One Intake
    20" 2002 Harley Wheels
    Street Scene Generation II Valance
    02 HD Headlights and Corners

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eaton powered SuperCrew 12psi

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a Procharged 2001 f150 and if i had it to do over again, Kenne Bell all the way. The Procharger does have up top power above 3500 rpms but i like the power right when i touch the gas...no matter what the rpm.

justin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2