Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: kenne bell or procharger

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

kenne bell or procharger

hey guys what do you think about the kenne bell supercharger for a 01 harley or a procharger? how much horse power do both super chargers put out?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a vortech on my 01 I put it on then did research. I would go with the procharger if I did it again. The people that put the KB on are not as satisfied as they would like to be. Also Tech support is hands down compaired to KB. Crash at trixtersracing.com has really good pricing and support. Try going to f150 and research for yourself.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I say KB all the way. This has been proven out time and again on our engines and setup as opposed to any other SC. I think that everyone is happy from what I read

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Originally posted by MRBLUEOVAL
    I say KB all the way. This has been proven out time and again on our engines and setup as opposed to any other SC. I think that everyone is happy from what I read
    MBO, read a little closer. He is asking about which SC to put on an 01 NA truck not a current SC version.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with the PROCHARGER kit. Much easier to install and you will see the greatest gains from the ATI over the KB.

Turbo Monkey
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yup!!

02 DSG
    6# lower
    K&N
    Spintech Muffs
    and Predator
    God speed is TOO slow!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WHOA! wait a second.... "greatest gains" where? Peak hp? sure the ATI or Vortech will post braggin #'s on the dyno... but with a 4K+ lb truck TORQUE is king... cant beat a roots/screw for getting that lead barge moving... Issac Newton couldn't beat physics neither can we....:-)

Look at the dyno graphs of ANY centrif versus roots/Screw... the Centrif will make more PEAK HP but the roots/screw will make more USEABLE hp & most importantly TORQUE across the real world rpm band...

DOn't confuse the Mustang Hype with the F150 reality... we have WAYY (alomost twice) the mass to move & get moving...

UNless you are talking Turbo charged versus roots... dont let peak HP blind you from REAL WORLD torque...

no comparison... KENNE BELL.... I agree that KB's support is not great direct... that's why they have authroized retailers to do the support. Heck even a Manguson would be a better daily driver choice...

Let the fun replies begin... LOL

Rob W.

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 2002GreyHD150
    WHOA! wait a second.... "greatest gains" where? Peak hp? sure the ATI or Vortech will post braggin #'s on the dyno... but with a 4K+ lb truck TORQUE is king... cant beat a roots/screw for getting that lead barge moving... Issac Newton couldn't beat physics neither can we....:-)

Look at the dyno graphs of ANY centrif versus roots/Screw... the Centrif will make more PEAK HP but the roots/screw will make more USEABLE hp & most importantly TORQUE across the real world rpm band...

DOn't confuse the Mustang Hype with the F150 reality... we have WAYY (alomost twice) the mass to move & get moving...

UNless you are talking Turbo charged versus roots... dont let peak HP blind you from REAL WORLD torque...

no comparison... KENNE BELL.... I agree that KB's support is not great direct... that's why they have authroized retailers to do the support. Heck even a Manguson would be a better daily driver choice...

Let the fun replies begin... LOL

Rob W.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks and performance I like the KB. Torque is king and I see them adding a KB to a 300hp MAch I and it added just under 200hp. I'm impressed and it looks more professional to boot. Torque numbers on our trucks are much higher then a motor comparable to ours with a Vortech, ATI or Paxton.I will also say they all make nice units and I would be willing to put anyone of them on my 88 Stang....any offers?

Turbo Monkey
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Depending on the model Procharger used it can equal the flow of the KB down low.Keep in mind Procharger started out building kits for boats. Boats topically use a roots type blower but the Procharged with it's VERY low gearing is designed to make boost just off idle. They have to in boats where the motors need the TORQUE to get them on plane and then they rarely see 6k rpm.

2002GreyHD150, I would agree with out about any other type supercharger ,,OTHER, that the Prochargers.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's a dyno of a vortech on a 5.4 if you need some comparison number. No other mods

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    TORQUE moves the 4K+ beast down the road.

street driven? no comparison... peak HP #'s are bogus & worthless on street driven truck

you can all you want....

Centrif SC's are a function of RPM.. more rpm more boost roots are more effiecinet of the line to 5-6K...

Where do you drive the truck?

I have been talking about this for MONTHS now... people don't think about the application where they are using the performance mod...

Rob W.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I,m confused. Why is this supercrew pulling a 12.99 in the 1/4? He is running a centrifical. Are you?

http://www.trixtersracing.com/skidmark.htm

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    12.99 in the quarter is great, no doubt, but there is more to life than a 1/4 drag strip.

I don't think the originator of the post is building a drag only truck.

what rpm does our truck spend the majority of its time at? 3,000 tops. especially at cruise on the highway. so which blower do you want on that truck working most of the time at that rpm? the one that makes the most additional HP & TQ under the curve!

At some point I guess I will give up trying to help people understand real world street mods are not the same as full on race mods..

I give up...

Simple answer: if you want a fun, tire frying, neck snapping truck from a cruise or rollon.. get a KB or manguson(sp)

if you want to build a drag race truck... get a Centrif..... oh but wait... why is it that NOONE who is competitive is replacing the SC'ed L & HD blower with the "champion" Centrif set up?? Hmmmm..... oh well....

Rob W.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That interesting tire frying, my centrif can spin the tires till I hit the rev limiter, how much more tire frying do I need? I own both a centrif Harley truck and a roots Harley truck the only differance I can possible see is a towing advantage with the roots. But since out trucks are limited on towing, it doesn't matter.
    2001 SuperCharged Harley
    2003 SuperCharged Harley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast