Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: *Please post your tire pictures in here!*

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I cant comment on the performance of the hankooks just yet. They are not mounted. BUT, they are not stock size they are 22".

If I like them I will buy them for my stock rims also. I heard lots of good things about them the past year, and they were very accomidating at SEMA this year.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My local tire/wheel shop offers wheels the same as our stock 20's in 22's. Forgot price but it was around $450 per wheel? Ours are about $3xx.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a good looking rubber...

Nitto 285/45/22 NT420S
    $960 Washigton's for the set...
    #2256 built in 3/26/02 - 6# lower, 377HP/483TQ before the Whipple.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, Josh dug up the pic's of those several month's ago and NOW they are finely for sale. $208 per here in the Atl.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

*sigh*
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well my original tires are biting the dust, so it seems like I need new ones. I know NOTHING about these though. I've read through here, so I know a little bit more, but I still have questions.

Do I need to replace all of the tires, or can I just do the 2 that can't hold air in them?

(Right now they lose it like crazy. We filled the driver's side 2 up this afternoon at 5. At 10 they had already gotten down to 28 from 35.)

What are the cheapest decent ones?

I'm not even sure we can afford this from the prices I'm seeing, and we rarely drive the truck right now. I wonder if it's ok to just keep airing them up each day until we have enough saved up to buy a set of good tires.

This sucks. I was really hoping these would hold out until the summer when we can both get jobs.

Thanks guys. I'm sorry if I sound stupid, but I just don't know this kind of stuff yet. (And I have no time right now to search more on here-I'm still working on my paper that's due tomorrow morning.)
    ~Jess

Has the mod bug!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welll if it helps, I just purchased some Kumho Ecsta STX tires from the Tire Rack.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

They replaced my stock GoodYears, and let me tell you they look better and drive much better. And the price was not bad. I paid alot more for my Lexus tires.

You could replace just two, but you'd have to make sure they rotated the other two. Also it's (imo) a better idea to do all 4 if you can, to allow all the tires to wear the same, but from the sound of it, the other two might not be far behind, in terms of needing replacing.

Hope this helps.

-Tim

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OUHARLEYGRL, Yes you can buy and install just two I would recommend putting them on the front and placing the best current tires to the back. Times do get tight , I hope good fortune finds you soon. Goodyears eagle 2's are right at $160 a piece.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eagle II's are $134 for 285/50 x 20's at tirerack.com (no sales tax but add shipping and installation) and they are currently on the front of my two HD's. Goodyear is American and doing well this winter for me in the snow. I have 305/50's on the back.

*sigh*
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks guys.

Tim, yeah they all need replacing, but I think the passenger side 2 can make it for a little while longer. Not the driver's side though.

We applied to get the max amount on our unsubsidized Stafford loan, so that we can get new ones-I can get $400, and Jon can get about $300. That should be enough to get a full set of good ones right? It'll be a few weeks before we get it, so I guess we will just keep an eye on the tires and make sure they don't get too low sitting there.

So if you order them at tirerack, how do you get them installed?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any local tire shop should be willing to, they will also get you for a disposal fee on the old tire's. Here in Georgia it run's from $3-$5 per.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OUHarleyGrl - Two other options for you...

Our local Tire Kingdom had a Cooper tire that was going to run me about $575 for the set. It was called the Cooper Vengeance 275/45/20. Not as cool a tread pattern as many of the other tires, but $200 cheaper for the set.

If you 'put the word out' at all of your local tire shops that your in the market for some used tires in 275/45/20 or 295/45/20 they might notify you when someone turns in a set.
    NHTOC # 68 2002 DSG

FTVB & deep pan - awesome!
    Front and Rear Hellwig swaybars, bilstein shocks, Denso IT20, Column pod w/ Autometer ultra-lite boost gauge, K&N panel, Retrax tonneau, slotted/dimpled rotors & Hawk HPS pads, LFP e-fan, LFP heat exchanger, 170° Stant t-stat

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do not see how used tires are a good deal for anyone but the seller. I bought two sets of four Goodyears the exact same type that come on the trucks and they are great tires. I got 285/50 x 20's for the fronts and 305/50 x 20's for the rears. The price for these American tires through tirerack.com is VERY good. Important to remember when you get them installed is many "local shops" will scratch the Hell out of chromed alum wheels. Make a real issue out of questioning whether they have the necessary equipment and have them look at your wheels before they touch them and after if they scratch them. Make sure they are clean so it is obvious there is nothing wrong with them beforehand.

*sigh*
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks guys! I know that Hibdon here is supposed to be pretty good. I'll make sure and have the wheels all polished up before we go in, and take my digi cam with me. I sure don't want them getting scratched up!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Taxes just came in. Last night I ordered (4) 275/45VR-20 Kumho ECSTA STX (tire rack) for 111.00 ea, road hazard 53.28, and 3 day shipping 80.08 for a grand total of 577.36. After driving in the rain the last couple of days I can sure use them and get rid of the GT2s. A friend works at the Base auto hobby shop says they have the Roadforce balencer and will mount and balance them for 9 buck a piece. I can't wait till they come in and get mounted.

Has the mod bug!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Kuhmos are good tires for the $$. I've had them through rain and snow already and I'm impressed with them. Good traction.

OU, I got mine mounted at a local tire dealer, a recommended installer from tirerack.com. I actually had to call around though because of the 7 or so listed local installers, only one had the equipment to mount to the 20" Rims. You should definately call before you go to an installer and make sure they have the proper equipment to do it. Around here, the typical price for mounting and balancing was $25-$35 per tire. This included tire disposal.

And definately take some pics of the rims prior. (with time/date stamp on) I'd had a bad experience with scratched center caps on another vechile.
    Good luck.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast