Thread: Need advise with performance on 03 HD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Laugh Need advise with performance on 03 HD

Hello everyone first i wanted to say this is a kick *** forum im glad to be a part of it. I just recently purchased a 03 HD and wanted advise on how to modify its performance. What i have in mind is a Borla exhaust, Mas air intake, Filter Kit, Delta Chip and Power Pulleys. I contacted a professional racing shop and they wanted about $ 1,800 for all the parts and work. I really wanted to do it myself but need help on finding the parts that fit my 03 HD. I would appreciate if some one can guide me in the right direction as far as what parts are the best and who is the best company to buy them from. Hope to hear from someone soon.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

start small!

Not really a performance mod but an OIL SEPARATOR. If you got the truck new, waste no time & get one NOW. If used, check if you have one and if none, get one NOW! Use the SEARCH button up top, will also work for the mods you're asking about. Welcome, good luck & ride safe!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank's Kromdom but i'm not familiar with an OIL SEPARATOR. What will this do for the truck?

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Supercharged F150s NEED this. When you do the SEARCH (type OIL+SEPARATOR IN THE BOX), you'll find a better answer/explanation plus LOTS of nasty pictures. Pretty sure some of the gearheads here will come up with an answer.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well im sold i'll be ordering my separator first thing tomorrow. I have about 2,000 miles on my truck and i feel like it's ruined. Thanks for the advise Kromdom and thanks to every one else for the pics that saved my HD from a life of misery. But i still want info on making my HD reach it's full potential.

Indestructible!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Best bang for the buck mods.

#1 Drop In K&N filter
    #2 4lb Lower pulley
    #3 Denso IT 22 spark plugs

It's as easy as 1-2-3 LOL. Now You could add exhuast if you want, but it gets very loud, a chip will VOID your warranty very quickly. There are more mods to do, depends on how fast you want to go.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thnks Crockett59 but what else can i do and still keep the warranty on the truck? I really probably wont race the truck but i want to make it fast enough that if i do i have the responce that i need.