I should be at Sac Raceway right now if I had NOT believed the damn weather reports. Damn weather bureau,;c it's sunny right now and dry! So instead of the track, I decided to install the Hellwig sway bar.

Installation was not that bad, I just had to borrow a 3/4" deep socket so I can tighten the nuts on the U-bolts. The hard part of it is trying to figure out how the bar will go in.

Safety is my utmost concern, anytime you lift the truck on one end, make sure you have chocks. So I take of the spare tire, chock BOTH front wheels, put the axles on stands and start with it. I slipped the bar before the right rear wheel, behind the shock, over the driveshaft and then let it hang for a while. Continue pulling towards the driver side and once the bar hits the tailpipes, push the tailpipes away and the bar is now in place. Grab a bottle of Smirnoff Ice, preferably ice cold.:d Everything else is just bolt-on as you go. The bracket nuts by the driver side was a biatch to tighten, I'll get that later. All the holes on the frame where visible, NO drilling, the kit came complete, everything line up as you work your way to the next step.

First, impressions:

1. I broke traction going through a freeway on-ramp before I felt the *NORMAL* sway the truck
2. Gentle winding roads do not even seem to bother the truck anymore
3. Freeway driving quality was not affected, no squeeky noises
4. I clipped a small curb while making a U-turn, I heard a clunk. Not sure if it was the bar. Did the same U-turn later, same spot, no clunk.

Not bad for about $170 parts and approximately 2 hours of work(includes the run to borrow the tool, raising the truck, taking pictures of the underside)