Thread: Back to basics....L vs. HD Pulley Combo's...Explained in Chart/Graph Form

Hybrid View

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    so then you're stating, there's NO variables that can affect boost levels except for a pulley, that there's no way that temperatures can affect boost levels, altitude, intakes, exhaust, etc. yet SOMEHOW your harley truck is magical, and it can spin the supercharger slower, yet make MORE boost than a lightning spinning the same RPM

Are there any other remotely physics-savy people on this forum? Or are only the village idiots left?

Quote Originally Posted by havinnoj View Post
    I was under the impression that an intake- fipk - wouldn't do anything for increasing boost or power. Or is it just a negligable amount?

PS - awesome thread unfolding here!
    of course it will increase boost and power. Maybe not anything huge, but you're uncapping the first restriction on the inlet system. The airbox sucking through the tiny hole in the fender and a paper filter. Been documented time and time again that guys typically gain 2 lbs from an intake system. Same thing with adding full exhaust guys typically drop 2 lbs.

On another note, anybody have any stock HD blowers for sale? I want to start buying them up and selling them to L guys since our blowers magically make more boost with less blower RPM's than the Lightning blowers do lol
    Last edited by Harley#356; 05-28-2010 at 10:29 PM.

Name: R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mannn I guess I missed that school lesson!! So typical gains at 2lb are 15hp and tq?