So when i got my truck a few years ago, a buddy of mine got me a Superchips VIVID Linq for my birthday. It's supposed to add 29hp and 40ft-lbs, and have all the other tuner abilities like Speedo correction shift points and firmness ect. but no real tunning customization beyond that. Canned tunes only (booo). The cool part of this thing is it was its Bluetooth connection, that allows me to monitor all kinds of gauges like Tach & IAT2 from their Mobile app on my phone. Well all was working fine and dandy when android decided to update my phone to the latest version (KitKat), which is when the app stopped working properly. I could still "tune" from the app fine, but it was no longer usable as an IAT gauge.

After a few calls, I got someone on the phone that told me this was an old product that they were no longer going to support, so the app will not be updated. After my little song and dance (I paid $500 for this thing 2 years ago and now its worthless?!?!) they opened a case and told me they would call me back in a day or 2 with a possible solution. He made it sound like he would give me a deal on a different tuner, like $50 off or something...I wasn't really interested, but I wanted to see where it would go.

After 2 weeks and no call, I called them back to find out wtf was going on. I got the same guy I spoke with last and he too the reigns again. After he spoke with his supervisor for a minute, he told me that they were going to send me This for free! All I have to do is send my old one back.

I know its not a customisable tuner like an SCT. But, what I like better is that I can just do a transmission "tune" and leave the engine tune alone and be able to monitor my IAT.

That was the main complaint about the Linq, was that in order to get the trans tune the engine had to be tuned as well, and their engine tune left a lot to be desired (really didn't feel like the 29hp & 40ft-lb they claimed) and I didn't really trust it that well when I started getting sporadic detonation. Now granted that could have been due to the IC pump that's been in need of new brushes for a few months, but I am not for sure. Guess I will find that out shortly, as I am headed out to the garage to replace them brushes now.