Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 22" factory rep wheels now available!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Found these but they are for 2004 and up f150. Should have been for our year trucks.
    OEM RIMS FACTORY WHEELS STOCK RIM CHROME REPLICA WHEEL USED RIMS Wheels OEM RIMS FACTORY WHEELS STOCK RIM CHROME REPLICA WHEEL USED RIMS Rims

Found these too but no price. Not sure if they 22's either. But thought I would post it up.
    Detroit Wheels: Detroit Rims Financed, Custom Detroit Wheels

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah Detroit Wheels are the company that makes the reps most of us have. They used to offer 18, 20, and 22's. Now they only offer 22's....well when they run limited production runs of them.

7klub
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdaniels138 View Post
    In all honesty we thought either a fire truck or a police car was approaching when we where in traffic and driving about 30 - 40 mph on the freeway. Seriously...

I checked the tires when I got home and found that there was only 35 psi in them. I've since brought them up to 40 psi but the tires are still noisey compare to the stock ones.

I normally don't hear them since I have the music going... So it's not a big deal for me.

JD
    Here is the thread pattern

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry I haven't been on here in a while but I just had to say something. You guys are friggin nuts... shelling out $2000 in tire/rim combo for 85-90 lbs a tire? Let me get a calculation how much extra horsepower that takes from a 65 lb tire/ rim combo. Not to mention braking power. Where is that headslap thingy? Don't you think you should spend money for more performance instead of less and more bling?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the 22's look sick!

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by batrup99jeremy View Post
    the 22's look sick!

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 02MoneyPit View Post
    ......Don't you think you should spend money for more performance instead of less and more bling?
    Well, ya can't always go fast, even with performance mod's. But ya can always look good with the 22's, especially sitting at traffic lights.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02MoneyPit View Post
    Sorry I haven't been on here in a while but I just had to say something. You guys are friggin nuts... shelling out $2000 in tire/rim combo for 85-90 lbs a tire? Let me get a calculation how much extra horsepower that takes from a 65 lb tire/ rim combo. Not to mention braking power. Where is that headslap thingy? Don't you think you should spend money for more performance instead of less and more bling?
    Ummm, 65 lb tire/rim combo? Who on here is running lightning rims & tires? Because the OEM 20" setup sure as heck isn't anywhere near that light!

Depending on your tire setup, if you're running 285/35/22's all around, you're actually ditching a couple pounds! If you're running 305/40/22's you're only gaining a couple. If you're running a staggered 285/35/22 front 305/40/22 rear, you're pretty much staying dead even on weight, and adding one hell of a lot of bling! So while the mod doesn't add hp, it doesn't cost any hp either, and makes a drastic impact on the trucks overall appearance.

Plus, most of us who've gone to 22's are far from stock. I know on my truck I could double the weight of the rims & tires and STILL have trouble keeping the tires from breaking loose

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In all honesty we thought either a fire truck or a police car was approaching when we where in traffic and driving about 30 - 40 mph on the freeway. Seriously...

I checked the tires when I got home and found that there was only 35 psi in them. I've since brought them up to 40 psi but the tires are still noisey compare to the stock ones.

I normally don't hear them since I have the music going... So it's not a big deal for me.

JD
    wow i have the same tires in 24s and cant say the same about the road noise
    Anthony

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I sold my stocks so I had to weigh them for shipping. They were 75 lbs each, tire on rim. I'm not sure how much the 22s with 285/35s weigh.

I like the ride of the bigger rim coupled with the lighting spec bilstein shocks. I'm just trying to stay away from the curves as there isn't much sidewall to keep you off the rim. I'll look for a tire next time that has the built in rim protector. Anybody have any of these?

JD
    I HAVE THE BFG'S and hit curbs all the time with 35 pounds of air and no problem but too stickiness!! great ride and well worth the money!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there any of the 22's left?

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Why would you hit curbs all the time... Playing on that Iphone or what?? J/k

Name: M

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where can one find 22' Detroit Replicas?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Hard to find since they've been out of production for probably 6-8 months now. They seem to do a batch once a year. Maybe another batch will be made in the spring Ebay hasn't even had any in a long time.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didnt remember ever seeing the 18 reps.Last night during a power outage,I went through some pics from the '01 MidAm Ford &Shelby meet in Tulsa.I'll be damned,,,,guess what I found,,,,,a Whippled F-150 with 18's!!!!!!!Sorry for the picture of a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast