Thread: How To: Relocate Washer Squirters to Wiper Arms

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

How To: Relocate Washer Squirters to Wiper Arms

Harley#356’s How-To’s

Relocating Washer Squirters to Wiper Arms

Purpose behind the Mod:
    The stock squirters are fine for stock hoods, but for any aftermarket hood that draws attention to the hood, the squirters stick out like a sore thumb! Some hoods like cervinis come with hidden cowl squirters, but others either don't come with any provisions for squirters, or utilize stock squirters, which in those cases shave the holes and use the wiper squirters! The wiper squirters also have a nicer spray pattern and work better than the stockers so its a win-win situation!

Need:
    -GM#22121299 Washer Squirter (Qty:2)
    -Few feet of washer squirter tubing

Tools Needed:
    -Phillips Head Screwdriver (to remove cowl)
    -Small Flathead Screwdriver (to remove wiper bolt caps)
    -Socket & Ratchet (to unbolt wiper arm)

The Parts:

These are on nearly every late model GM car/truck/SUV, so there may be other part #'s, but I've had a lot of requests asking for the PN so see Photo # 1 for a pic of the bag. Order them from a Chevy or lower model dealer, and NOT from a Cadillac dealer like I did, because they charge over 30 bucks for ONE squirter! lol

If they can't locate any of the #'s on the bag, you can walk to nearly any vehicle on their lot, and point to the squirter on the wiper blade and say "order me that part", thats pretty much how I got these.

PHOTO # 1: Part Numbers

Install:

-Unplug stock squirters and hoses back to the T on the passenger firewall
    -Pop caps off wiper arms
    -Unbolt wipers (flip wiper up and wiggle it to get it to pop off the post)
    -Remove screws to pop off wiper cowl
    -Run squirter hose over to both wiper arms
    -Run squirter hose up through the spring underneath the wiper
    -Push hose onto squirter and snap squirter on bottom of wiper arm
    -Make sure there's a little slack in the hose under the cowl for wiper movement

PHOTO # 2: Hose Running Through Spring to Squirter:

PHOTO # 3: Hose Running Through Opening in Cowl:

PHOTO # 4: Squirter Clipped on, Topside View:

PHOTO # 5: Squirter Clipped on, Topside View:

*NOTE*: It is possible to fish the squirter hose through from the wipers down under the cowl, then try to fish the hose from under the cowl bending it up without removing it, but its a lot more of a PITA and will end up being quicker in the end just to remove the few pieces.

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cool man. I would love to tackle this one day but I will NEVER put a GM part on my truck.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I'll take the miniscule bite in pride of having a GM squirter on my truck, than the FUGLY AZZ FORD ones sticking through the hood like 2 zits right on the trucks face!

2003 Shamu Screw
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dang it... I was one that inquired about the GM part number.. i didn't know you were doing a write up on the subject.

Anyway, my relocation kit from Classic Design Concepts arrived yesterday. It's labled '05-'07 Mustang Squirter Nozzle Relocation Kit part number CDC-112050 and IIRC, the kit was around 55 bucks.

The squirters appear to be very similar to the ones in your photos. The kit includes the squirters, hose, hose fittings, alcohol prep pads for the clips and the adhesive clips to route the hose.

I'm going to install it later today, I'll let you know how it works out.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I used GM part # 12494804 for my squirters. They could probably distribute the water a little better. How well do the squirters you used work?

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...sher+squirters
    Last edited by steinjr; 11-21-2007 at 12:24 PM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha sorry 207, I was looking through some car reciepts last week and happened to stumble across that package from the squirters, so I snapped a pic of it. Can see the dates are 4 years apart on the pics between the package with the PN's, and the squirters on the truck haha Didn't think I saved the package before

definately post up pics of your kit. would be good to get as many options for squirter relocation setups in this one thread for future reference since i tagged it in the how-to index.

stein, not sure the difference in the #'s, but mine used to work pretty well, definately better than the stockers pissing on the window. these sprayed a finer spray but dispersed across the windshield better. I say they used to work pretty well because I havent filled up the washer fluid tank in over 2 years and just finally yanked it out of the truck fo rthe JLP IC tank last month

2003 Shamu Screw
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just finished the install. Of course I couldn't find the GOOD digital camera so, all I have are crappy cell phone images.

But, the kit does fit.
    Here's one crappy pic showing where I made a small notch to route the hose. There are other pics, not that great, if you click on the attached photo and go to the Putfile account.

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the "How To" I've been looking forward to doing this myself.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    kit looks pretty good. setup pretty similar. I just went under the wiper cowl towards the passenger side where the foam is, then rather than drilling a hole below the wiper, I just ran the hose through the notch in the cowl

2003 Shamu Screw
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I thought about routing it that way but decided to do it the "Mustang" way in the instructions figuring water and other gunk would drain out easier and less chance of something binding the hose.

One thing I would do different is the mounting of the hose clips. Because the cowling is two piece (the Mustang is one piece) I would mount them to the steel under the cowling and then just thread the hose to the wiper arms through the holes on the plastic cowling. Unfortunately, I found this out AFTER I stuck the hose clips to the plastic cowling.

I discovered later that if I stuck the clips to the body steel underneath I wouldn't have to reach my hand around and under the plastic cowling to clip the hose into place.
    You really can't do it the "one piece cowl" method as in the instructions because the F-150 cowl pieces have "ears" on the ends that have to be tucked in near the hood hinges and they have to be installed one at a time.
    The next time I have the cowling off I'll have some new clips ready and change it.... but, I don't plan on taking the cowling off anytime soon.

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice. I want to do this on the Toyota and Nissan now. The Toyota's ones spray kinda funky i guess because the hoods only 2 feet tall, and the angle of the windshield.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I may be pulling the ones off my HD since the washer tank is now out, and throw them on my stealth since the squirters act all funky on that one too. not gonna shave the hood squirters on that car, so I may just fill the holes towards the windshield and drill a tiny hole facing outward on each hood squirter on the car so I can squirt somebody in the next car over when sitting at a light

as for on the truck, I only used a couple sticky pads and zip ties to route the squirter hose, and stuck it onto the metal cowl so the plastic pieces could be removed separately

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ygm