IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    really gotta hate it when that happens especially someone elses fault

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hawks & Performance friction (Z's & Std) dust 1/16th what the stockers do.. usually the quieter the pad (ie softer) the more dust.. hence why the BMW/Merc stock pads ruin the alloys so fast.

On our trucks the stock pad compound is a compromise between hauling this 5500lb beast to a safe stop & being quiet. Dust & wheel clean up are not in the equation.

I have Ruslows rotors, Perf Friction Z's up front & PF std rears. this was my #2 overall fav mod on the truck. Worth every penny.
    My wheels get more water spots & road grime on them because the brake dust is gone completely.

When i was looking at brakes Stan @ Ruslow told me the following: (paraphrased not a direct quote)

the hawks take longer on the street to warm up, but will have better at the limit braking than the PF's. The hawks & PF's will dust the least. The Napa Ceramix are an awesome street pad once warmed, very quiet, very positive feel, great for warm climates, potentially dangerous in cold climates unless you ride the brakes for a while to warm them up on cold mornings.

I just ordered RotorPros for the wife's Mountaineer & my Contour SVT. PF z's for both sitting in the garage waiting... I am slightly biased toward PFs... when Baer Proto-typed my Mustang II for a 13" track kit, they sent 2 sets of PF Z's with the system. if Baer, Alcon, & Wilwood send PF's with their street kits.. that's good enough for me. All 9 vehicles in my "stable" now will have PF's...

Rob W

Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't ship PF pads with kits but you can certainly get them.

The common pad for the Lightning/Harley kit is the Hawk HPS. Can it be 'better'? Certainly it can. And has been with the fit of Polymatrix E or high end race compounds such as Poly H. However the down side of noise and dust turn off some folks.

http://www.tceperformanceproducts.co...ws.pl?record=8

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Has anybody run the EBC pads on our truck. either red or green??? I know they work great in 4x4's and very low dust... Just curious.

01 HD #5088
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a front rotor get chewed up from a sticking caliper so I replaced the rotors and put some cheap pads on from Autozone. Started with an A.. Amco maybe? Anyway. Stopping power is great, but they are a bit dusty. The only reason I went with the Autozone special was because of the rush need to get it back on the road.

My Mustang has Hawk pads are they are great. very little brake dust and great stopping power.
    2001 F150 Harley Davidson

Just getting into it...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How much are the Rotorpro's rotors going for? Is there a big difference between drilled/slotted and dimpled/slotted rotors? I am thinking of doing an upgraded brake set-up, probably new rotors and ceramic pads. I have the stock ones on there now. I am guessing that Hawk is a pretty good choice...where can I get those? Any other recommendations for pads? Thanks...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here... middle of the page

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...drilled+rotors

NO CROSSDRILLED ROTORS ON THE STREET...

Search index for crosdrilled rotors:

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/search....by=&sortorder=

Rob W

Just getting into it...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey again,

I just got a quote from Rich at ROTORPROS...four dimpled/slotted rotors in black for $330 shipped to my door. For all those who have bought from ROTORPROS before, would you consider this a good deal?

They are significantly cheaper than the Ruslows and I'm trying to determine how much better they will be than the stock set-up. Thanks for your opinions.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im happy with RIch & the gang @ rotor pros

the only thing I noticed on the Rotor pros machine work is the grooves/slots do not go all the way off the edge, so in a situation like a road course or very spirited driving the Ruslow's will expell more gas. Also, Ruslow's grooves/slots are arched to match the rotation of the rotor.

I have rotor pros on the Mountaineer & the Contour SVT, I have Ruslow's on the HD. Performance friction pads on all.

Rob W

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3