Thread: Need Help! w/ Window Issues - Drivers Side

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts

Need Help! w/ Window Issues - Drivers Side

A few weeks ago I started having issues with the drivers window. First thing I think of is that its a fuse (#601 CB - Power Windows, Moonroof)? Checked it and it's good. Maybe the relay (Relay #4 - One-touch down window relay) because I can hear an audible click under the dash while trying to activate the drivers window. Replace the relay and nothing. Do some searching and see where another member had issues with his window master control switch so I bought one, installed it and nothing. Go back to the fuse and check it again and nothing. I've performed several searches and can't seem to find anything. Now I'm frustrated.

Keep in mind that I know absolutely nothing about electrical.

Fuse: 30AMP and controls ALL of the windows and moonroof. Try the moonroof and it works fine (even though it's on the same fuse). Try ALL the other windows and they all work except for the f'en drivers window. Rear sliding window also works fine. WTF.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!!

aka not rite
    Name: Bob

Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    What are the issues you are having with the window? Think the only thing left is the motor.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Yep, or the mechanism attached to it. Spoke to a guy at work today and he sent me a link for power window motor repair rebuild kit.

Granted it was for a Crown Vic but I'll look for one for an F150 and I should be good. He states he's rebuilt several over the years and it's not the actual motor but the cheap plastic components which link the motor to the window. Need to get into mine to have a look.

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 F150 View Post
    Yep, or the mechanism attached to it. Spoke to a guy at work today and he sent me a link for power window motor repair rebuild kit.

Granted it was for a Crown Vic but I'll look for one for an F150 and I should be good. He states he's rebuilt several over the years and it's not the actual motor but the cheap plastic components which link the motor to the window. Need to get into mine to have a look.
    Yeah you kinda took the long route. Pop door panel very easy on these trucks check for power at window motor. Bet that's your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Yeah, I know but I did state that I didn't no **** about electrical. It confuses the hell outta me;)

Started thinking about what my buddy at work said while looking for the motor rebuild kit and it didn't add up. If it was the mechanism, why can't I roll the other three windows down from the drivers door either? They all roll up/down individually from each door, just not from the drivers door.

Started checking all of the fuses one by one over the weekend and didn't find anything so I called the company that installed my alarm system on Monday and explained the symptoms. They said to bring it on Tuesday. Within minutes, they resolved the issue. It was a 15amp fuse they installed during the alarm installation. Drove home and played with windows the whole time. Got in it this morning and the windows didn't work again so it's probably a short somewhere due to a chaffed wire during the original install that has just surfaced. Didn't have time today but need to take it back to them again to find the short or it's going to keep blowing the fuse.
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016

Yeah, I know but I did state that I didn't no **** about electrical. It confuses the hell outta me;)

Started thinking about what my buddy at work said while looking for the motor rebuild kit and it didn't add up. If it was the mechanism, why can't I roll the other three windows down from the drivers door either? They all roll up/down individually from each door, just not from the drivers door.

Started checking all of the fuses one by one over the weekend and didn't find anything so I called the company that installed my alarm system on Monday and explained the symptoms. They said to bring it on Tuesday. Within minutes, they resolved the issue. It was a 15amp fuse they installed during the alarm installation. Drove home and played with windows the whole time. Got in it this morning and the windows didn't work again so it's probably a short somewhere due to a chaffed wire during the original install that has just surfaced. Didn't have time today but need to take it back to them again to find the short or it's going to keep blowing the fuse.
    So you can control the power windows with your remote is what I'm reading ?

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Quote Originally Posted by BRIANV View Post
    So you can control the power windows with your remote is what I'm reading ?

Nope. No window function from the alarm remote either. Spoke to the installer again today and they think it's the window controller. Supposed to drop it tomorrow so they can swap the module out.

Nope. No window function from the alarm remote either. Spoke to the installer again today and they think it's the window controller. Supposed to drop it tomorrow so they can swap the module out.
    Why are they tapping into the window circuit to install a alarm?

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Quote Originally Posted by BRIANV View Post
    Why are they tapping into the window circuit to install a alarm?

I've got a Viper alarm and one of the options is it can roll the windows down from the remote and rolls them up automatically when I arm it.

I've got a Viper alarm and one of the options is it can roll the windows down from the remote and rolls them up automatically when I arm it.
    I think you need to disconnect that alarm all together and see if you get your windows back ?

Name: Aponso

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Need Help Just Bought A Harley And Windows Or Moonroof And Radio Not Workinh All Fuses Are Fine HELP Can it Be
    GEM Module

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Quote Originally Posted by Quickhd View Post
    Need Help Just Bought A Harley And Windows Or Moonroof And Radio Not Workinh All Fuses Are Fine HELP Can it Be
    GEM Module
    Sorry, didn't see this post when I replied to your other. I know the windows and moonroof are on the same circuit but the radio is a separate circuit. In my case it was just the windows due to a bad component in the alarm system which controlled the windows. Moonroof, radio, etc. all worked fine. Have you searched the forum for an answer?

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    When #1 had my truck to do multiple things, when I got it back there was a box included.
    Told it was the Viper crap that they uninstalled. Heck it hasn't worked for so long forgot I still had it installed.

Reason I disconnected it was I had an un-commanded alarm (siren) go off while I was cruising 301 in MD.

What ever happened here?