Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Fixed my a/c problem.......but

Name: Benny

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    So I have a question that I thinkkkk I have two answers for......>Does anyone know if a 03 HD have a cabin air filter????

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    I Can tell you this my 2002 according to wix and napa it has one but ive been under the dash and havent seen ****

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Exactly! so what from what I "know" is that it does not come with one factory but you can get a kit to "make" one somewhere under the dash and now that kit is no longer made. These are my suspicions so far.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Alright so last weekend I decided to get in and try and change out the O-rings butttt in the process of it I accidently ripped off the orange rubber pieces on the first oneee I tried pulling out smh... so I stopped right there and put it back together in back in. WELL I plugged it all back in to find out that the entire unit does not even turn on and is blowing air from the defrost still but its outside air and my engine light is one WTF did I do here? anyone have any ideas? I then went to local junk yard found one out of an Expedition noticed the board layout was a little different but wanted to try it anyways with no luck so I returned it. So now I have no ac at all and the Engine light on. Took it to auto zone to read the codes and it pulled up something like a P1633..... Speed control something and they said it was to vague of a code to tell me what the issue was. Had to take it to a local mechanic and he said I might have fried the unit ( I have another one on the way) but said he hoped it was that and not the computer in my truck.... I doubt that it is the computer because I been driving it since and everything works fine other then the ac thing. Any ideas wth I did here? I think it had to do with the orange rubber piece I ripped off...Anyone?????

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    The orange foam is nothing to be concerned about, its old and deteriorated. Replace the o-rings and be done with it.

Realistically there's no way to "fry" the EATC since all you do is disconnect an electrical pigtail and the vacuum lines. Double check the wiring at the pigtail and EATC the ensure you're getting good contact when its connected.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by throttle jockey View Post
    The orange foam is nothing to be concerned about, its old and deteriorated. Replace the o-rings and be done with it.

Realistically there's no way to "fry" the EATC since all you do is disconnect an electrical pigtail and the vacuum lines. Double check the wiring at the pigtail and EATC the ensure you're getting good contact when its connected.
    Well those were my thoughts exactly, but as to why it wont fire up the ac switch and how that drove my engine light to come one is damn odd to me I got the new digital switch in today tho so to late for just replacing the old o rings and being done with it when I have this newerrr one. Guess we will see what I found out now when I take it back to this mechanic smh

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Alright so I took my truck to another shop to get a second opinion and turns out there is a vacuum line in the dash somewhere that is broken because smoke was ran through the system and was all coming from inside the dash vacuum lines somewhere. 400-500 just for labor not including the parts I'm going to need. I didn't get it fixed simply because I don't have that kind of money to spend on that right now. So can anyone shine some light around here? Anyone ever had this problem ? Also how would this affect if the EATC unit is not working at all the Display does not come on, I purchased another one off of here and tried my old one also but nothing, Could I have an electrical issue now also???
    Last edited by BENNY832; 05-31-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    So I decided to go ahead and take it in and get this done and will update as I get some answers etc.

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    I wish i could help you benny but i do not have the eatc unit.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post
    I wish i could help you benny but i do not have the eatc unit.
    I wish someone could help lol thanks tho, I just gota wait and see how bad these guys are going to take advantage of me now see what ridiculous things they find, Already tried telling me I need a bigger battery and new alternator when both of them are only three months old! lol SMDH

aka not rite
    Name: Bob

Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BENNY832 View Post
    I wish someone could help lol thanks tho, I just gota wait and see how bad these guys are going to take advantage of me now see what ridiculous things they find, Already tried telling me I need a bigger battery and new alternator when both of them are only three months old! lol SMDH
    Really? Are you having any electrical issues ?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B.O.B. View Post
    Really? Are you having any electrical issues ?
    Well after replacing some o rings in the EATC I plugged it all back in and it did not want to turn back on none of the lights on it or the digital screen in the front and that was followed by all my gauges shooting all the way up upon starting the truck and coming back down to normal and check engine light on. What happened is still a mystery.

aka not rite
    Name: Bob

Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    So why is the shop saying you need a new alternator? They saying it's bad ? Did they test it? I wondering if you had some sort of surge.

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Too bad you're not local anymore Benny, with eyes-on I'm sure myself of someone else here in SD could have been of more assistance to you.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    They assumed and shortly after I had it tested and it was good and so was the battery. I would think that a surge is what's going on. Not to sure tho but getting someone who knows how to fix that issue or even find out if it is, is becoming ridiculous and I don't want to be buying things I do not need to try and find the problem like the alternator and battery. That is why I was trying to take care of it myself and at least rule out the stuff I been getting told because I know it's BS and find the real problem.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast