Thread: 2003 OEM Muffler new or used

Name: Bob

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool 2003 OEM Muffler new or used

Looking for a good used or NOS OEM muffler for my 2003 HD Edition. Just installed a Lightning crate engine and trans and fit a MagnaFlow cat back. To loud so I installed a second MagnaFlow muffler in line and that hardly helped. Ford no longer sells replacements.
    I'm located in SoCal
    Any help would be appreciated.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Bob, what are your plans with the Magna Flows when you get the replacement? Where does it exit? I have an OEM muffler I could maybe trade ya if you're interested...I'm in San Diego.

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

muff

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    Bob, what are your plans with the Magna Flows when you get the replacement? Where does it exit? I have an OEM muffler I could maybe trade ya if you're interested...I'm in San Diego.
    Have 2 Magnaflow stainelss muffs mounted one behind the other. They have been on for about 100 miles at the most and if I can find a stock muffler that's not worn out a trade could be good. My number is 714-349-8440

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyone know of an aftermarket muffler that is as quiet as stock? Planning on doing a lot of traveling and going up through the mountains is going to be a real headache with the MagnaFlows
    Last edited by Bob; 06-06-2015 at 07:15 PM.

I <3 Mini trucks
    Name:

Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
    Have you tried the Lightning Groups also? That's were I got my stock muffler a few years ago.

Name: Bieber

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    In regards to an aftermarket that's close to stock, I recently put on a Bassani cat-back (exits in front of the tire like the L) and was honestly surprised how tame it was - rest of my exhaust is stock. Don't get me wrong, it'll open up if/when you stomp on it but around town and cruising it has the perfect (for me) balance of 'let ya know I'm coming' without the self-induced headache or drone during long trips. Had it on for a couple weeks now so the packing has broken in nice and it's gotten a little louder but nothing crazy; again especially compared to stock. I was gonna try and capture some decent sound clips this week (another member had asked about em) but I'll see if I can get em sooner for ya.

aka not rite

Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    In regards to an aftermarket that's close to stock, I recently put on a Bassani cat-back (exits in front of the tire like the L) and was honestly surprised how tame it was - rest of my exhaust is stock. Don't get me wrong, it'll open up if/when you stomp on it but around town and cruising it has the perfect (for me) balance of 'let ya know I'm coming' without the self-induced headache or drone during long trips. Had it on for a couple weeks now so the packing has broken in nice and it's gotten a little louder but nothing crazy; again especially compared to stock. I was gonna try and capture some decent sound clips this week (another member had asked about em) but I'll see if I can get em sooner for ya.
    I would also like to hear it! Just in case you needed some more motivation.

#8022 L&S oil separator, color matched tailgate handle and license plate bulb covers . Fog light mod ,Venom mod , JLP CAI and JLP rear shackles for a 3" drop out back. More to come.......SOLD ...........no more to come.

Name: Bieber

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B.O.B. View Post
    I would also like to hear it! Just in case you needed some more motivation.
    lol - thanks Bob. Not sure if you've seen it yet but I posted it in a separate thread - click here
    '02 Dark Shadow Grey - #2679
    JLP Forced Air Induction Kit | JLP +6lb Crank Pulley | JLP Shackle Kit | DiabloSport Tune |
    Show N Go License Plate Holder | Bassani Aft-Cat Exhaust | Hotchkis F&R Sway Bars

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you for the tip. Will do. Know anyone with a stock grill? 2003 HD

Name: Keith

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    I heard that Gibson is the company that made the mufflers for our HD trucks, not sure if they are still in business but i thought I'd tell you what I heard anyway. I have the whole one piece from the cats back that I took off my truck ,but shipping would probably be $$ from Georgia.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good idea. Thanks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How old is your system and what would you want for it?