Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Performance Question... [Confused]

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GT-40 GTS

I'm glad you chimed in. I hope you didnt take my comment as a flame as it was not. I am highly impressed with your truck. I told the tuner of my chip exactly what I wanted and that I wanted to go fast but I may have made a mistake in telling him that I wanted to be safe. Then again anytime I stand in it the truck detonates so I dont think the took the whole "safe" thing to heart. As far as a gas mixture goes I mixed approximately 7 gallons of 93 with 5 gallons of 104. Mabey this creates an extremely rich tune ? Also you are deffinately right.. I do need to work on that 60' and your are also correct in that I am racing at Hallsville. Also I am not using Mobile 1. I have been using the new Morotcraft Synthetic oil. I havent put my truck on the Dyno yet but I will have it done in a couple of weeks and I will let you know what it does then. BTW.. The bottom of my air box is cut. My questions to you are. Who tuned your chip ? How are you launching your truck ? & Are you still on the stock tires ?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RobG what are you running? DO you have a pic?

Here it is.

Billetflow power pipe with a 9" S&B filter.

dsg02,

My $0.02 on launching on stock tires is this. Leave the Funny Car burnouts for the funny cars, I see a lot of people at our local track smoke the ever lovin' s**t out of their street tires and all that does is ruin them. Most street tires, when heated like that, get greasy NOT sticky. What you do is, go around the water box if you can, back up just in front of the water and just lightly "clean" the tread, don't smoke them !!! This will just get rid of any junk your tires pick up driving through the pits. I stage and bring the rpm's up to around 1200 and roll into the throttle. On my 22's I've gotten my 60' times into the 2.0X territiry which isn't too shabby considering I run 35 series tires. I also run the psi around 30#'s. Running on slicks is a much different procedure though.

Make some notes and try them out next time at the track

:b2:
    '03 H-D # 553

NHTOC # 38

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    racing fuels tend to burn leaner than gasoline due to their lower specific gravities.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JLP chip here. And mine too pings a little unless the weather is perfect, but thats what I wanted. ( I do not advise this )

Your gas mixture sounds about right, but I do it the day before so the computer gets used to the new readings.

I forgot to mention Ice on the blower = .05-.1 tenth but is a pain in arse 'cause of water on the track.

I load the truck to about 1200-1400 rpm at the line if the track will hold_it, then mash the pedal to the floor on the third yellow.

And this is on stock tires. I have clamped my rear springs and it did seem to help my traction alittle. It is also lowered 3".

And remember that .1 gained at the 60 ft is .15-.2 at the end of the track.;)

So the difference between my 60 ft and yours is approx .25. So .25 gained in the 60ft is .37-.5 off you 1/4 time.

Bam there's your 13.3 and then start chasing the cool air at the track and 12's will find you.

It was in the low 40's when I ran that 12.9 so it was border line too cold for traction but great for H.P.

So get you 60ft down now and when it gets cool you will be ready.

BTW: I find that John Force burnouts are a must. But like Rob said find what works best for you.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RobG

Your truck looks awesome !! I can say enough about all of your dress up that you did to your engine bay. No to sound stupid but where did you buy the billet flow pipe from ? Also thanks for the tips. I am currently using every technique that you recommned with the exception of stalling up to 1100 - 1200. I usually leave from idel.

GT-40 GTS

I appreciate all of your help and if you dont mind elaborate on what you said about your springs being clamped. The only suspension mod I have are the Belltech 2" lowering shackles other then that its all stock. You should come out to Hallsville this comming weekend. A buddy of mine and I are going to be out this Sunday for the local "King of the Street" meet where all of the local street cars and trucks get to gether to see who really is the fastest, and the car/ truck has to be street legal, driven to the track, and have a valid inspection sticker and registration. No trailer queens allowed. They also have a truck class so it should be interesting. Anyhow if you get the oppprtunity you should come out it always proves to be lots of fun for a Sunday afternoon.

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ahhhhh John Force the King of the burnout. Thanks for all the great information guys. Billetflow power pipe with a 9" S&B filter. Hey Rob where did you get the power pipe and the filter? I have the AF1 but I am not happy with it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I will be bringing the Vette out to the shootout if the weather looks nice. Hope for no rain.

Looking to run atleast 11.30's in it N/A(stockheads).

I will look for you. We plan to get there around 2 o clock. I will show what to clamp, I think if you search the other lightning forums some guys have pictures of it.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Originally posted by RobG
    Here it is.

Billetflow power pipe with a 9" S&B filter.

;c ;c ;c when you coming to jerzee!!!!

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like GT-40 said, if the track is prepped don't be afraid to raise the rpm's up at the line. You'll get a better short time and better 1/4 mile run.

Go to billetflow.com for the power pipe.

4 wheeled money pit...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with GT-40... do a John Force burnout. I've raced on street radials for years and the dogma is to just 'spin them enough to clean the tread'--I could never cut better than a 2.2 that way in the HD. Just for grins and to amuse my buddies I did a smokin' hundred foot burnout and staged... cracked off a 2.0! Tried it a few more times and ended up with a best of 1.92... have also ran several other 1.9xx's--all on the stock Goodyears. All of my times are on stock rubber (pressure at 24-26 lbs), 130 lb bed cover, tailgate and spare tire in place all on 92 octane. Hey--run what ya' brung!
    I did just pick up a set of used 16" ET Streets--gotta catch some of that 'mineshaft' air and pull off all the weight I can for one max effort attempt to see what the truck will really do...
    Sold--'02 HD, DSG, mods: more than yours...

'93 Silver/Black LX Coupe, mods: even more...

'05 GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab, Silver/Grey, AWD, 6 liter, moonroof, DVD, Rhinoliner, full tint... quiet, comfortable, and gets 17 mpg--running regular gas. It's no Harley, but I like it!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The track has more to do with your 60' time than the burnout. I've done just a regular clean-off with my Lightning and on F-1's I've gotten a best of 1.88. Same with the Harley, just clean them off and it's gone 2.03 and 2.05 on my 22's in 80 degree weather.

Goes to show that it works. Doing that big burnout not only shortens the lifespan of your tires but it also puts unneccessary heat in the motor. But hey, whatever works.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by GT-40 GTS
    I will be bringing the Vette out to the shootout if the weather looks nice. Hope for no rain.

Looking to run atleast 11.30's in it N/A(stockheads).

I will look for you. We plan to get there around 2 o clock. I will show what to clamp, I think if you search the other lightning forums some guys have pictures of it.
    What year model is your Vette?? Running 11.30's !!! WOW
    I look foreward to seeing you out there... As long is it doesnt rain

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by RobG
    Go to billetflow.com for the power pipe.
    I just noticed..... There is not a spot for the mass air meter on the power pipe. Does it have one built in or how does it work ? All of the pics I could see didnt have a spot for any electronics to plug into. This is deffinately a must have !

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by dsg02
    I just noticed..... There is not a spot for the mass air meter on the power pipe. Does it have one built in or how does it work ? All of the pics I could see didnt have a spot for any electronics to plug into. This is deffinately a must have !
    The MAF plugs right in but you just can’t see it in the photos, which is what it was designed to do.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Electronics are on the underside

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast