Thread: change a blower belt...

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

change a blower belt...

first, if you are using the stock v-rib belt, get an equivalent gatorback belt as they slip a lot less...

Do a visual... There are two belts... the accessory and the supercharger belt. The supercharger belt wraps around the lower pulley, goes around the tensioner pulley assembly, and goes between the two idler pullies just below the SC snout pulley.

Take the 10mm bolt from the IC reservoir off and move it to the left out of the way and you will have a better view of the tensioner.

In the end of the tensioner arm (center of the idler pulley), there is 1/2" square socket. If you have a belt tensioner tool, it will insert here. If you don't, a 1/2" ratchet will do just fine set to "tighten". Put a 2' or so piece of pipe over the rachet to give yourself some leverage. When facing the engine bay you will pull from left to right or from passenger to driver side for the directionally challenged. As you pull, the tensioner arm will rotate clockwise and the belt will begin to come loose. Slide the belt with your free hand off the SC snout pulley and then carefully release the tensioner arm. It will return quite far so be careful.

Next, you will have to slide the belt sideways between the idler arm and the brace it is mounted to. Once you have completely removed the first belt, thread the second one back onto the tensioner and around the lower pulley. Slip it between the idler pullies and pull it up snug as close as you can to "on" the snout. Tug the tensioner again and slip the belt up onto the snout pulley. Triple check that the belt is fully in the center of each pulley. Start the motor and check again to be sure and you are done.

In GLOCK I trust
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thnaks man. I am going to do this next week when I am off of work. Thanks again.
    Scott

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Wow! That's very easy. Cool design. But I wonder if with time that tensioner system will loose some preasure Thanks for the HT ;)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Go get the BELT damn it, today is your day sonnie boy. Sorry, going to the Gator.I have gotten a little wine (whine) the last two tromping's so...........................