Thread: kenne bell

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

kenne bell

Anyone know how much I would expect to pay for a used Kenne Bell if i could find one. Where is the best place to try to find one used to try??? If not used what is the going rate for a new If i had to) Kenne Bell. Also how hard to install, also would i have to change any gaskets???? thanks Also do you really need to add the Boost a pump and other Kenne Bell products to get the truck to run right???

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not sure about a KB, but the new Whipple Twin Screw for the 5.4 is $3250. (and it is intercooled)
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I found my used Kenne Bell in the $2500-2800 range (can't remember now for sure), but it had very few miles and was like new almost when I got it. I was even able to send in the warranty card info which made a huge difference in my decision. Last thing you want to do is shell out a couple grand for a used KB and have it lock up on you a couple months later. New KB's are somewhere around $3500 I think (haven't looked in a while).

If you really want to try a used one, you have to hunt daily and several times daily to find one on either NLOC.net, here at NHTOC, or one of the other Ford dedicated truck sights that are frequented by Harley and Lightning owners. They tend to get snatched up pretty quick so keep watching.

As for install, do a lot of searching on the various sights and be sure you get the instruction with your KB and you should be OK. I took me most of an entire day to do the swap. No new gaskets required if you are careful with the stock gasket. Good luck, they are fun.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    KB or Whipple are around 3500. Whipple can be purchase through a deal at REM right now and JLP is in deep with Kenne Bell with development and all. You'll be best served adding headers and a set of 55lb injector with the twin 225 walbro or comparable full pumps to get the most out of your combo. JLP makes a killer intake as well as the true ramair kit to really let that be-otch breath as well

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i was thinking JLP sold Kenne Bells for right up under $3,000. The whipples are gonna be 200 to 300 dollars more.

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wouldn't the Whipple be better then the KB at this point in the game?

We need a comparison between the two superchargers.

-Del

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here are (2) excellent magazine comparing the Eaton 112 to the Kenny Bell..

http://buttrynet.dyndns.org/BNETWeb/...werarticle.pdf

http://buttrynet.dyndns.org/BNETWeb/...erarticle2.pdf

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The KB has been proven on our application over time. Even though they are both great I think at this point the KB is your best bet. The Whipple comes in two sizes with the larger size being a drag application only!

In the end eiither choice is a winner though. I just see tuning to be an issue early on as to where the KB has a base of tunes established to work from as well as supporting documentation. Please post up any results on the Whipple you can so we can compare them closer. MM&FF had a real good articles on it