Thread: Need comments from those w/ Cooper Zeon XST tires

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Need comments from those w/ Cooper Zeon XST tires

Time for me to replace the stock GTII's and I've been pricing tires. I've been through all of the tire threads and only found a few comments on the Cooper Zeon XST 275/45/20's. Anyone have some miles on these tires and want to share their experiences?

Money's tight lately after purchase of tires for the Avalon and a Dell 8400 computer, so I'm leaning toward lower cost tires. I'd get the Hankook's, but the 'local' Pep Boys is 40 miles away and I'm skepitical of their mechanic's skills ---> always mad people in their lobby cursing the Mgr.

I'm shying away from the GTII's b/c I always had balancing problems and vibrations at speed that varied day-to-day. Also with just 22k miles and 3/32" left, traction has become fleeting... medium throttle when turning makes for a wild ride.

So what's your take on the Cooper's? I can get out the door for ~$600 at the local Tire Kingdom (which is local, convient for re-balancing/rotations, and I've had good dealings with). I've never owned a Cooper brand tire... should I give them a try?
    NHTOC # 68 2002 DSG

FTVB & deep pan - awesome!
    Front and Rear Hellwig swaybars, bilstein shocks, Denso IT20, Column pod w/ Autometer ultra-lite boost gauge, K&N panel, Retrax tonneau, slotted/dimpled rotors & Hawk HPS pads, LFP e-fan, LFP heat exchanger, 170° Stant t-stat

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cooper is a good brand & they are getting lots of positive reviews & referalls... worth a shot...

I love my Hankooks & really liked my Kumho's

$600 installed is what, $130ish a tire?

Rob W

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the cooper's on my 00gt. been on there for about 10,000 miles, I love them! ride great, very quiet, took very little weight to balance, and are wearing very well. I would strongly recommend them. If they came in a 295 / 40/ 20 they would be on my truck right now.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So far my new Bridgestone Fuzion ZR1's are doing great ($130 each). I used Cooper tires before but none available in our sizes last time i checked.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost