Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Magnum Powers Idler Bracket...Round two

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation ***12/3/07***GAUGING INTEREST for a part II of-Magnum Powers Idler Bracket...

***12/03/07***

Trying to make a second round for these awesome idler brackets,C Dillon is again working on the shadows to get a good deal,if we get the amount of people interested, it will be the same price as the round one,so get all the info you want about the brackets and the deal from the first thread,and post here if you have interest in participate.

Please note: This thread is to gauge interest for the second round of Group Buy on the brackets,I will updated the list as interested members post here,but I want to make sure everyone knows the rules of this and "any" other Group Buy that are always being offered in this Club from this and any other SV.

"You need to be a paid member of NHTOC in order enjoy the full beneficts included in the membership,as well to participate on this GB and any other that may be offered in the future"

Click here to get the basic info about the deal

Quote Originally Posted by C Dillon Go View Post
    What you can't see in these pics is on the sticker of your radiator cover...

Interested members:

1-Rman
    2-Harley#356
    3-Harly4d
    4-Hollywoood
    5-Bradshow
    6-
    7-
    8-
    9-
    10-
    Last edited by Hoffmann; 12-03-2007 at 06:31 PM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    damn, i should really jump in this time.

do they work with the 2.6 KB?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    do these get rid of the stock idler setup? I need a stock tensioner and idler setup for my swap! LOL

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It does not get rid of the stock idler set up, it just adds a 3rd pulley, which is adjustable, to get the belt tight and get rid of belt slip. The stock tensioner mounts on the MP bracket like it does on the stock.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    it does replace the stock s/c idler bracket though that you'll need to get for your top end swap, so wouldnt be a bad idea to just jump in on this GB instead of buying a stock one.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    anybody

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Post a thread in the Lounge and Gen 1 section Hoff.and link it here...little more exposure out there..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Small word of caution folk's I have worked on one of these that there were some issues with two of the bearing posts on it & has caused rapid replacement of bearings too the tune of 1 about every 1K.

Charles said and is replacing as one would expect,, just check them over well so he can return them before there worn. At least he won't have to chance eating them on a replacement with his manufacture...

It seems this may have or is being misunderstood;
    There was a casting problem with one unit that I worked on, By no means does this mean anything other then that,, PEROID. DO NOT misconstrue these words or think to deeply folk's....................
    Last edited by Dbl G; 09-07-2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Clairifcation.............

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank's Stew

If we are allowed to merge,anybody could do a favor and post it at NLOC,B/C I know,some members there are members here too...Thank you
    Last edited by Hoffmann; 09-05-2007 at 05:57 PM.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    do they work with the 2.6 KB?

I don't see why not looking at this pic,seems like the S/C pulley it's in about the same location as the others S/C...maybe you will have to search for the right belt size.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yeah i just wasnt sure if the bracing on the idler would interfere with the 2.6's massive blower case i'll do some digging on NLOC. i'll pry be down for this GB

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbl G View Post
    Small word of caution folk's I have worked on one of these that there were some issues with two of the bearing posts on it & has caused rapid replacement of bearings too the tune of 1 about every 1K.

Charles said and is replacing as one would expect,, just check them over well so he can return them before there worn. At least he won't have to chance eating them on a replacement with his manufacture.....
    Not to create an issue, Garrett. I have done business with MP for years. They are located just down I-5 on the east-side of the Portland area. They do great work with Precision Castparts Inc, etc. The last group-buy (over 20 units on "short-order") had only 2-3 that were machined with more than .5 of 1/1000th out of "tol". Emory cloth can take care of that on the pulley-boss. They make really nice/high-quality products.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lee, I don't want anyone to take my comment out of context either there was an obvious casting issue with this ONE UNIT. The member has spoken with and as stated it is being dealt with.

As myself if I didn't catch something I would rather have it back or brought too my attention,as this was.
    I merely stated take a look at them just in case, from my understanding , Charles does produce and stand behind some very fine goods.
    I don't know if his contact drops ships them or not,,, if so he may want a heads up....was all I meant......

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dibs on your current setup Hoffy??

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast