Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turn Signals on the fritz.

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just remember, it won't look like two relays, as they both have one plastic black cover that needs to be popped off first.

Worse comes to worse, I have my relay if you need it.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krix330cic(NJ) View Post
    Just remember, it won't look like two relays, as they both have one plastic black cover that needs to be popped off first.

Worse comes to worse, I have my relay if you need it.
    Well you were right, 6 screws are all that hold on the lower dash cover and with it removed it makes it a ton easier to access the box where the relays are. Mine had a nice layer of black tape to "secure" the cover but once I got that out of the way it was easy as pie. I replaced the black relay ($13) and the truck still has the same problem. My next step is to replace the blue relay and if that doesn't work then it looks like I'll have to replace the turn signal lever, unless there is something else anyone can think of........

If I may say so myself I'm surprised just how much of the dashboard I can take apart w/o any tools........I think I'm nearly qualified to work in a chop-shop now!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry I was late on this, my notifications were not on I guess. I can provide a photo if needed, just throwing my advice out there!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can also check your wiring harness behind the taillights to see if the wiring is stiff, from a possible short, check the sockets as well. There is a ground screw which is inside of Left Rear frame rail about 2 foot back from bumper bracket, you can check this as well.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I got my turn signals back in working order. It turned out to be the flasher relay ($25) and not the turn signal relay. I was thankful it was something simple (and cheaper) than the $112 turn signal lever.

Carlucho
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am having the same problem. What is the different between the Flasher relay and the Turn signal relay? Are this the 2 relays under the dash you end up removing?

Are the Hazards also work on this relay? Because my hazards & turn signals are both not working.
    Last edited by carlucho70; 03-11-2011 at 09:07 AM. Reason: add a line!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2