Thread: What tube is this?

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

What tube is this?

Passenger side comes from around the back of the supercharger. I have the L&S oil separator and this tube got capped off when I installed it (I think, it has been a long time). Well today I got home and noticed oil dripping from the truck and found the cap that was on this tube broken and I think it was spraying oil all over the engine bay. I bought the L&S used and I am not sure what kind of cap should be used originally. This has happened a couple of times now to me.
    Thanks!
    Troy

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    It is the tube that connects to the valley under the midplate. It helps recycle the oil out when it is hooked up OEM style...since you have it seperated off you just cap it. The rubber caps can be bought at any parts store. You can also take a worm clamp to secure it a little better...I think it came with a zip tie

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Ok. Yea the ziptie is holding good the rubber cap keeps getting brittle and it rips in 2. So this time I put a home made plug in it and another rubber cap on it. Hope it holds longer. I think the last one lasted about 2 years and maybe 8K miles?
    Thanks!
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i'll have to check mine when spring hits. i have the same separator and it came with a zip tie. could just clamp it to make sure it doesn't blow off.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If in fact that is the line that runs down to the back/bottom of the Intake Manifold, seems to me that if you don't connect it to the PCV system, the lower manifold will partially fill with oil and could suddenly be sucked into the engine at WOT, bad deal!

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Ithink there is some type of cap you can put down there when you have the IC off

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Madferraristi View Post
    If in fact that is the line that runs down to the back/bottom of the Intake Manifold, seems to me that if you don't connect it to the PCV system, the lower manifold will partially fill with oil and could suddenly be sucked into the engine at WOT, bad deal!
    but, if it is connected, does it really matter? Since that line tee's into the line from the passenger valve cover to the plenum, where the vaccuum source is the plenum, that vacuum source can pull air from the lower intake or the valve cover.....and air would be pulled from the spot with least resistance, if that lower intake one is filled with oil, and the PCV is just connected to the valve cover, wouldn't it just pull the air from the valve cover, and not suck the oil out of the lower intake (and just redump it into the s/c)

older thread, just digging it up for food for thought.