Thread: bubbles in pinstripe -- 2003 black on black HD

7klub
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

bubbles in pinstripe -- 2003 black on black HD

anyone had paint work done where the pinstripe had to be removed and put back on?

i recently had my fender repaired and the pinstripe was installed but it has a lot of air bubbles in it. also the badge has a gap along the top in the material use to apply it to the fendor. my concern is water getting behind it and causing rust as the bottom is sealed.

regarding the pinstripe, has anyone had success getting a clean install with little to no bubbles?

i plan to take it back to the body shop to have this redone but want to have realistic expectation based on others experiences.

JD
    Last edited by jdaniels138; 03-14-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    It should NOT have any bubble...typically the spray down the bedside with a little water and a drop of soap in the bottle...then use a squeegee...very simlar to tinit
    How to Install Window Tint

2002 HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what body shop did you take it to?
    pins strips are east as pie to install. the new pin strips should have been the easiest part of the fender repair. as black molly said they can be installed like window tint, or freehand. i wonder if there was dust on the fender when they put the new decals on??

Quote Originally Posted by jdaniels138 View Post
    anyone had paint work done where the pinstripe had to be removed and put back on?

i recently had my fender repaired and the pinstripe was installed but it has a lot of air bubbles in it. also the badge has a gap along the top in the material use to apply it to the fendor. my concern is water getting behind it and causing rust as the bottom is sealed.

regarding the pinstripe, has anyone had success getting a clean install with little to no bubbles?

i plan to take it back to the body shop to have this redone but want to have realistic expectation based on others experiences.

JD
    Last edited by jonolds72; 03-14-2011 at 03:42 PM.