Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water spots ....

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Water spots ....

Who knows how to get the bas-turds off ???? Since I bought the truck in 07 I've been trying ways trying to be cognizant of not scratching the paint or glass ..... They are on the roof , sun roof and rear window .....
    JLP COMP-R, LFPVB, 6# Lower 2.93 Upper
    Hotchkis TVS, Polished C&L plenum & elbow, SBTB, JLP intake

Former Owner of 03 #8186
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Buffer..and super light polishing compound.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

2003 Black #08186

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Sometimes, just a good speed detailer application right after a washing will do the job.

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    I've tried detailers , water spot remover for glass , the back side of a sponge ( rough side ) nothing .... But I'll try the buffer trick

Former Owner of 03 #8186

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Make sure you know how to use it very well if its a rotary buffer.. very easy to make mistakes that are costly

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Yeah I'm still learning mine , I keep it at about 750 and go super light ( that's when I use it ) I'm still prone to my cordless and my powerball

Former Owner of 03 #8186

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I usually use an 8" foam pad with meguires mirror glaze swirl remover followed by the machine glaze..then finish it off with show glaze and seal it with turtle wax ICE liquid. I havent forked over the money for Zaino yet..planning on shedding the truck soon.

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Cool cool yeah I have mags 105 and 205 I have yet to use it , I used tw ice one time and hated it cause it was so much work to get it off cause of the oiliness of it , idk maybe I had a bad batch , but I've been using mags nxt and ultimate for a while but wanna jump to zaino cause the 02 is beginning to show her age a little , but when people ask me what year it is they don't believe me , unless they know their vehicles , so that says something haha

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    mags 205 would probably do it, just keep the pad really wet so there's a milky quality to the product on the surface you are polishing.

105 is pretty aggressive and used more for scratches.

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Ah ha I see that's why ..... I missed that step , I used it with normal wax and didn't have it wet so I said he'll with it .... But cool looks like I'm going all out this weekend haha and doing the whole thing , I just spent 6 hours on it today

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Now is that all pads or just the foam? Cause I have 3 2 wool ( one lighter than the other ) then the finishing ( foam ) pad

Former Owner of 03 #8186

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I only use foam..wool to me is too abrasive

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spy98der1 View Post
    Who knows how to get the bas-turds off ???? Since I bought the truck in 07 I've been trying ways trying to be cognizant of not scratching the paint or glass ..... They are on the roof , sun roof and rear window .....
    I think this question probably should have been posted in the Detailing & General Care section

If the bird-bombs are on the glass and not the paint than I would suggest Rain-X® X-treme Clean and a plastic dish washing scouring pad.
    I have had great success cleaning all types of stains off of glass with this combination without having to worry about scratching the glass.
    Please let me know your success with this combo.

The paint is a different story and a different process. I will be glad to offer advice on the paint.
    If you are not practiced with a buffer I probably would not suggest you personally go that route.
    Do you have a rotary buffer or an orbital dual Action? IMHO a rotary takes a while to master.
    Please post in the Detailing & General Care section with more info. Pictures will be very helpful.

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    As absurd as this sounds I don't know the difference between the 2 haha I have a dewalt variable speed buffer , um it spins like a grinder hahah , i will repost where you said and get pics up in the next couple hours

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spy98der1 View Post
    As absurd as this sounds I don't know the difference between the 2 haha I have a dewalt variable speed buffer , um it spins like a grinder hahah , i will repost where you said and get pics up in the next couple hours
    Sound like it's a rotary. Post the model number. I would not suggest a novice use a rotary.

Rotary = Direct drive rotation only. I respectfully use a FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher
    Dual Action (orbital) - backing plate rotates like a rotary buffer does, but it also oscillates.

DA's also have what is called a free floating spindle assembly. Rotary's do not and are direct drive!
    It's not a clutch but an easy way to describe it is - when you push down too hard it stops spinning.
    This feature protects you in many way - including inducing holograms and burning through the paint

Here is a Dual Action head rotation picture. A DA is what I would start with.
    Think of it as a wax on/wax off hand motion and a rotation at the same time.

Here is a small article on the differences between the rotary and a Dual Action polisher.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast