Thread: 2003 hd carrier bearing

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2003 hd carrier bearing

read a couple of post on this subject-the rubber support went bad on the truck-dealer said no replacement-new drive shaft-after checking things out-seems that the drive shaft in the truck is different than most-it has a removal carrier bearing that can be replaced-seems ford used different ones on assembly and what was available at the time-if you have a nut on the yoke end it can be replaced==cost for new carrier bearing and all new u-joints and labor--350.00
    check yours out before getting a complete drive shaft assembly

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ouch!!! Serious buckage.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea but a new drive shaft from dealer-1500 and new drive shaft from the place thats doing the repair 600-700- if carrier wasnt replaceable-im happy

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by justsquirtin View Post
    read a couple of post on this subject-the rubber support went bad on the truck-dealer said no replacement-new drive shaft-after checking things out-seems that the drive shaft in the truck is different than most-it has a removal carrier bearing that can be replaced-seems ford used different ones on assembly and what was available at the time-if you have a nut on the yoke end it can be replaced==cost for new carrier bearing and all new u-joints and labor--350.00
    check yours out before getting a complete drive shaft assembly
    wow i would buy the parts and do it myself

They say im RETARDED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    damn even you got jiped. i paid 138 bucks from Inland Trucking Supply. they are a Spicer dealer.
    our drive shafts are hardend, and 10 times stronger than factory F150 Supercrew drive shaft. we have spicer u-joints, yokes, and the shafts them selfs.

Spicer was manufacturing the replacement C/B but they wasnt selling them enough of them for them to keep manufacturing it. so they told ford no more. we will only supply the entire drive shaft. i know this cause 1 1/2 years ago when i replace the tranny in my truck i was gona replace the C/B at the same time but didnt want to fork over the 98 bucks for the C/B. I felt dumb as a you know what. a few weeks ago when it failed and almost totaled my truck. it broke and locked up the rear end. went sliding outa control then it free'd its self up. ford wanted 1500 for a new drive shaft. So i kindly told them to shuv that drive shaft where the sun dont shine. i called Inland Trucking Supply (ITS) in denton they fixed me right up. in less than a few hrs. and they replaced the C/B with a Spicer product. and 1 year warranty. they even inspected my entire drive shaft and told me the u-joints and everything else looked great. and they where shocked when i told them that it had 160k miles on it, and 512 tq
    Last edited by 02maddness; 10-11-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: left out stuff

Name: Dayton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Someone have a pic? I think mine is going out.

HAWAIIAN 03 HD
    Name: Hawaii Jose

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope they still have some in stock??? Mine just took a dump!

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Original OE/Spicer has been discontinued. I can get a replacement from Spicer that was originally supplied with a 1/2" Spacer to go underneath, the Spacer is also NLA.

The result is that your driveshaft will sit 1/2" closer to the crossmember. This shouldn't cause any problem except it will effectively lengthen your driveshaft about 1/8". Just be sure to double check that the driveshaft splines are not bottomed out.

I can get this puppy to you for $56.85 plus shipping
    Last edited by Madferraristi; 12-11-2012 at 02:49 PM.