Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: lower valance grill help

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crushor View Post
    Oki, where did you get that lower windshield valance? I think that along with the lower grill mod need to be on my springtime "to do after completing wife's to do list."
    Its called a Lund Wiper Cowl Cover. I can't remember where I ordered it from exactly. I just did a google search for it and got the lowest price one I could find. I hate the way wipers look and wanted to hide them somehow and saw this on CdillonGo's truck when he still had the truck...had mine since 2006 and still get compliments today.

Looking around online here is what I found for the 02-03 Harley Truck doing a quick search.

The part # is 25511

25511 Lund - Shadow Wiper Cowl At StylinTrucks.com

25511 Lund Wiper Cowl Cover - Google Search

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts

lower valance grill help

Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Its called a Lund Wiper Cowl Cover. I can't remember where I ordered it from exactly. I just did a google search for it and got the lowest price one I could find. I hate the way wipers look and wanted to hide them somehow and saw this on CdillonGo's truck when he still had the truck...had mine since 2006 and still get compliments today.

Looking around online here is what I found for the 02-03 Harley Truck doing a quick search.

The part # is 25511

25511 Lund - Shadow Wiper Cowl At StylinTrucks.com

25511 Lund Wiper Cowl Cover - Google Search
    I had this wiper cowl on my v6 lightning clone in 2001. I thought it was awesome at the time. But my tastes have changed and i don't like it on your truck. It also looks like its sitting pretty high.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairTruck View Post
    I had this wiper cowl on my v6 lightning clone in 2001. I thought it was awesome at the time. But my tastes have changed and i don't like it on your truck. It also looks like its sitting pretty high.
    To each his own is always what I say. That picture was taken with me kneeling so the angle is off, that is probably what makes it look like it is sitting high. When I mounted it, I put it at low as it could go.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Massive1 View Post
    This is what mine has, im guessing aftermarket??
    Upper grille appears to be original '00-'01. Lower appears to be from '00. The 2000 had both upper and lower thin-bar chrome grilles. The 2001 only had upper thin-bar grille with black plastic lower. Clearly, the fatter 7-bar '02 grille was removed and replaced with '00-'01 style for both upper and lower. Looks fine, IMO. Wished they carried a bit lower profile with some kind of means to not have to use a shop-vac for cleaning out.
    Last edited by '02 H-D #677; 12-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I also dislike the appearance of wipers. Put the same Lund cowl-cover on my truck many years ago. It collected a lot of debris down on the cowl so removed it. IMO, they appear pretty good ... especially with a cowl hood.

[edit: It also seemed to impair reception of my hidden antenna that is located under the cowl grille.]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2