Thread: Is this a good price?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is this a good price?

So I want to go with 4.10 gears and I got a 500$ price quote for an install with me buying all the parts..... Yes or no?

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    More on the high side but not too bad

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Rear gears are a PITA if not installed properly. If you don't want to end up with chatter, humming and glitching you need someone with all the correct tools to do a proper job of measuring for pinion depth using a shim kit and dial caliper.

I've got 4.10's to install too but have been hesitant to install them until I can find someone I'm confident enough with that they are skilled and have the knowledge and tools to tackle the job.

I actually bought a whole diff housing from another member and was going to have the gears put in that one and keep my stock one in case the 4.10 gear install didn't work out well. That way I wouldn't have the hassle of going through the exercise of putting the stock gears back in and hoping to get all the measurements correct again. Just a few bolts for driveshaft, brake lines and spring perches and swap out the entire diff housing.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is this a good price?

That's not a bad idea either....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is this a good price?

Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    Rear gears are a PITA if not installed properly. If you don't want to end up with chatter, humming and glitching you need someone with all the correct tools to do a proper job of measuring for pinion depth using a shim kit and dial caliper.

I've got 4.10's to install too but have been hesitant to install them until I can find someone I'm confident enough with that they are skilled and have the knowledge and tools to tackle the job.

I actually bought a whole diff housing from another member and was going to have the gears put in that one and keep my stock one in case the 4.10 gear install didn't work out well. That way I wouldn't have the hassle of going through the exercise of putting the stock gears back in and hoping to get all the measurements correct again. Just a few bolts for driveshaft, brake lines and spring perches and swap out the entire diff housing.
    Any off road shop should be competent enough to do it. They've probably done a ton on lifted trucks to regear for tire size. Just a thought
    2002 Harley Davidson F150
    Intake-C&L elbow-SBTB-L upper/snout-4# Lower-Bassani catted mid-Bassani Cat Back-VB-Diablo tuned-Best time: 13.8 @ 100.7
    Soon to be: 6# lower-SCT MAF-Custom Tune

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanside78 View Post
    Any off road shop should be competent enough to do it. They've probably done a ton on lifted trucks to regear for tire size. Just a thought
    I'd say that is your best bet unless you want to drive to my shop.

Mike

************************CLICK TO VISIT MAD'S SITE************************

'02, 32V, 5.4L #001, 14psi Whipple and a few other mods. 640 rwhp, 610 tq. CA Smog legal

Name: Travis

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OP wish you were closer. Buddy of mine did mine at his shop in my vic for a couple hundred and it turned out perfect.

2.93 Upper, 6# Lower, LFP CAI, Ported Blower and Plenum, SBTB, FTVB, 4.10 gear, 60# injectors, dual 255 pumps, Meth Injection, JDM tune, LFP Heat Exchanger, Oil Seperator, Bassani Catback w/no cats, Granatelli MAF