Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 07 Saleen HD - having problems day after I bought it - HELP

Name: Jason

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

07 Saleen HD - having problems day after I bought it - HELP

Last Thursday I bought an 07 HD with 43,xxx miles on it. Truck is really pristine and has obviously has been taken care of. The test drive with the truck and the night that I bought it the truck ran excellent and smooth. We were out of town, 4 hours away. The next morning we drove home. My wife drove the HD truck home and I drove the other vehicle. About an hour from home we stopped and put gas in vehicle and unknowingly I put about 15 gallons of 87 octane in the truck. She drove the truck on home. Later that evening Friday I get in the truck to ride around and the truck runs awful, it sputtered around when I hit the pedal and really got on the gas, but as long as I drove normally the truck done fine. I immediately think about putting 87 grade fuel in and go pick up some Lucas Oil Octane booster and drive some more, no change. Yesterday it had 1/4 tank of fuel left so I went and topped off with 93 octane and still no change with how it runs. It does spit white smoke if you get on the pedal hard and last night the check engine light would come on and go off when I would get on the pedal, once normal driving resumes the check engine light goes off. It's like it's starving for fuel, there is no pinging whatsoever like a vehicle does with low grade fuel. Been trying to research all I could and thought it might be water in the fuel so I added Heet water remover and still nothing changes. I'm starting to get a little worried about this truck so wondering if you guys can help.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts

Flashing check engine means misfiring is happening, since it only does it with heavy throttle I would look for a vacuum leak. If it was specific to a cylinder you would have a check engine light on solid with a stored code, so it's likely going to throw a p0300 or 'random misfire' eventually.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is a couple videos of a 20-40 mph acceleration and then a video of a knock that has developed today

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is a video of a knock that has developed today

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    20-40 mph acceleration

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dealer says I have 4 bad plugs and will cost $480 plus tax to change them. Just my luck.

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats better than it could've been...

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmccown View Post
    Dealer says I have 4 bad plugs and will cost $480 plus tax to change them. Just my luck.
    Don't you just love it when you get charged $480 to change 4 spark plugs!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its absurd, I guess my issue is that they are not 100% sure that it will solve my problem. They have ruled out the coil packs as not being the culprit. But being that plugs are a "wear and tear" item they are not covered by my aftermarket warranty and I'm on the hook to fork over the money to pay for them. They are charging 3 hours labor plus whatever the cost of the spark plugs is. Has anyone on here ever put plugs in these trucks themselves? I have put plugs in many cars I've had in the past; but these look pretty cumbersome to get to.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    If you're not comfortable with changing them yourself, for some reassurance I'd do some searching on youtube for videos on it as a little confidence booster.

I'm sure if you've done it on other vehicles you'll be fine with this one too.

It's all about the right tools and you may need some extra swivel sockets and different length extensions here and there so just be prepared.
    Take your time and know that you're not a mechanic by trade and it doesn't have to be done in half an hour. Take all day if you want and enjoy a few beers in between! Spend time with your new truck, it'll be worth it!

You can do it man!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

"I WANNA GO FAST"
    Name: Ajay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    If you're not comfortable with changing them yourself, for some reassurance I'd do some searching on youtube for videos on it as a little confidence booster.

I'm sure if you've done it on other vehicles you'll be fine with this one too.

It's all about the right tools and you may need some extra swivel sockets and different length extensions here and there so just be prepared.
    Take your time and know that you're not a mechanic by trade and it doesn't have to be done in half an hour. Take all day if you want and enjoy a few beers in between! Spend time with your new truck, it'll be worth it!

You can do it man!
    Couldn't have said it better! You can do it buddy, just pay attention to what your doing and take your time. Shouldn't be any problem.

2002 DSG Nicknamed "Haley the Harley Truck"
    2013 TOTM Moderator

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another update, dealer changed out all sparkplugs from Autolites to Motorcraft, problem still persists. Changed out coil packs and problem still persists. They are now going to change out the injectors but do not know what size injectors they are on these saleen motors. Can anyone tell me what size injectors a stock SC HD truck uses. I spoke to the mechanic this morning and he is thinking they might be 39lb injectors and I'm thinking that might be a bit high.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    The dealer should know what comes on the stock trucks. 39 lb injectors sounds right for the Saleen package based off of info from other forums.

I got a 2007 Ford F150 Harley Davidson with the Saleen Supercharger, 39 lb injectors, Saleen PCM calibration, and Saleen high flow intake and filter and an Air to Water Intercooler!!!! This is a gorgeous truck with 450 hp and 500 lb-ft of torque!!!!! There is an extremely limited quantity of these trucks and I have one!! In Tampa, Florida. If interested, email me at Claing@mail.usf.edu or call me, Charles Laing with Gator Ford at 813-624-5186.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It just keeps getting better. Warranty company is saying they won't approve the injectors because they think the supercharger was an aftermarket add on. Is there some way I can prove to them saleen option is factory? I do not have the window sticker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast