Thread: Bazooka Tube with stock Head Unit

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

Bazooka Tube with stock Head Unit

After long hours of research and I have found what I consider the perfect plug and play bass unit for our trucks, the Bazooka BTA6100. The fitment from the actual bass tube to the length of the wire loom is almost perfect. Keep in mind this is just a 100 watt 6 inch bass tube so it will give you some boom but it is not going to win any contest. I will say this about the Bazooka tube, it has a nice clean and crisp sound that rounds off any stock system. It actually makes you realize how crappy your factory speakers are in comparison. Now to the Things You Need:

1)BTA6100(Bazooka bass tube)
    1)FAST- BTAH(Bazooka wire loom from tube to head unit)
    1)FAST-9999(universal quick connect) (Do not use FAST-1771)
    1) ½ inch socket,
    1)12 MM socket
    1)wire brush or wheel
    1)Philips screwdriver
    1) wire clothes hanger
    1)Factory head unit removal tool(AutoZone)

To get things started you need to get all the supplies. I found the cheapest and fastest was through Amazon.

Disconnect Battery

Once you get everything out of the package attach the FAST-BTAH to the Bazooka Bass Tube. I also set gain knob in the center.

You will then remove the Philips screw from the chrome handle on the passenger seat. Lean the seat half way forward with holding the handle up and the tube will slide right in. You will want the speaker facing you.

Next you want to remove the two 12mm bolts that hold down the plastic back wall. You will then be able to lift it up just enough to hide the wire loom. Right after you get past the second bolt you will want to remove the ½ bolt that holds down the rear leg of the seat. Once this is removed take a wire wheel or sand paper and rough it up a bit so you get a good ground. Attach your black ground wire to the bolt and tighten back the bolt hole. After you have the wire loom hidden around the back wall bolt up the rear wall.

You will then want to remove the plastic pieces that lead up to the dash. The door plate under the front and back door(just pull strait up), the door pillar and the kick panel(pull strait out) and go ahead and remove the fuse cover. Once all is removed snake the wire loom along the space. Make sure you go behind or above all metal rods and other wire looms as this will have it be hidden a little better and you won’t see it sag. Replace panels by just snapping back into place.

On to the stereo removal…take your fingers and open the air vent enough to get a good grip. Give a nice firm snug and the radio surround should pop off. Once removed you want to insert the stereo removal tool by placing it in the two hole on the left and right side of the front of the head unit(some say you can use coat hangers but I just bought the tool for $5) Once pushed in the head unit should slide right out. Go ahead and unplug all the connection and set the head unit to the side.

You will then get a wire clothes hanger and straighten it out and make a hook at the end. Fish it down to where the wire loom (fast-btah) should be located next to the OBD2 port. Put wires on the hook end and fish it back to the top.

You will then want to make sure you identify the right wire harness. It is going to be the larger one with more wires. You might remove some of the black tape so you can work with the wires a little bit more free.

Now is the time to identify the wires on the FAST-9999
    Grey with black strip = right rear speaker negative
    Grey = right rear speaker positive
    White with black strip = left rear speaker negative
    White = left rear speaker positive
    Red = 12v acc power
    Blue = power antenna (I know we don’t have one)

Now you want to identify the wires on the head unit wire harness

Orange with red stripe = Right rear speaker negative
    Red with pink stripe = Right rear speaker positive
    Grey with light blue stripe = Left rear negative
    Tan with yellow stripe = Left rear positive
    Black with pink stripe = 12v hot in run or acc

So now is time to use the Posi T taps that are on the FAST-9999 just attach to the correct color. Remove the cap and place wire in connection and tighten. As for the blue wire on the FAST-9999 just attach to the black with pink stripe wire(same wire as red one from FAST-9999). . NOTE do not over tighten or the plastic cap will snap…if this happens just use some tape to wrap around it to secure it…best practice is to replace but this will get you by for now.

Reconnect battery

Plug in wire harness to head unit and test. You should hear the bass flowing..if not check to make sure all wire are secure. Place head unit back in and put on the radio bezel. Now is time to set back and enjoy the fruits of your labor. NOTE...this is how I installed mine...yours may be different...please use this as a guide and NOT professional opinion...INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Black Molly; 03-24-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    possible add to how to section?

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    went with the 2 of em that have the 250w amps built in, then on my 3rd rear seat legs I mounted a capacitor

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I would have gone to a higher output but from what I have read you can not use the FAST-BTAH I have thought about running another one under the other seat

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    any pictures of where you mounted the bazooka itself? I had one of these in one of my mustangs for a long time and could never get it to be securely mounted where it wouldn't bounce around and end up rattling against something.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    There is a pic in this thread http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/audio-s...or-subs-2.html
    no movement at all...it is almost like it was made just for our trucks