Thread: Lincoln Blackwood sub box, who is using it?

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts

Lincoln Blackwood sub box, who is using it?

Im finally going to do the work. Ive had it 2 yrs and Im finally ready to get it installed. I plan on swapping the sub for a aftermarket one. Found this Audiobahn for a good price.

Audiobahn AMW80H 8" Murdered Out Series Car Subwoofer

I have a 200wt Pioneer amp for it. Not looking to go crazy just some small thump. Think it will work?

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lincoln Blackwood sub box, who is using it?

I've got one too, waiting to install it. The sound system in my blackwood is all OEM and sounds great and the factory sub hits hard enough for me so that's what I'll stick with.

If you do take the sub out of the box I'd love to buy it from you for a spare.
    Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Its out at the moment.

Name: james

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know this thread is 4 years old but I figured I'd try anyway.... I recently managed to get ahold of one of the Blackwood sub setups myself. I haven't tore into it yet but is it simply a bolt in deal? Do I have to do any cutting or drilling? I'm putting it in regardless just want to be prepared for any obstacles.

Ford Guy
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have one installed. The box itself requires no alterations, bolts right in (I think I did have to drill one hole to tap a screw). I never found a schematic for the amplifier, so I use another sub amp. The original subwoofer speaker is not great, Alpine branded dual voice coil (1.6 per coil I believe). It can be replaced, but watch the depth dimensions as it is pretty shallow.

Name: james

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the info! I managed to get it mounted and wired the factory amp. The stock speaker sounded ok but I did go ahead and replace it with a new pioneer. I plan to swap to a 5 channel amp eventually to run everything.

Name: Jerry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02HarleyD View Post
    I have one installed. The box itself requires no alterations, bolts right in (I think I did have to drill one hole to tap a screw). I never found a schematic for the amplifier, so I use another sub amp. The original subwoofer speaker is not great, Alpine branded dual voice coil (1.6 per coil I believe). It can be replaced, but watch the depth dimensions as it is pretty shallow.
    My uncle scored nice Lincoln subs at our local parts yard. Good to hear it is easy to install. We'll just wait for the new tires from 4Wheelonline to arrive before we start modding the truck.