Thread: 07 non-supercharged tuning question

Ryan F
    Name: Ryan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

07 non-supercharged tuning question

Hey guys. I've had a tune on my 07 harley davidson (non-supercharged) for a while now and it was a pre-programmed tune from Brenspeed on an Xcal2. I've been wanting to adjust some options on the tune and wanted to see if anyone here had info on the best settings for the truck to get the most power out of it. I'm talking idle points, shift points, fuel mixture, etc. I've noticed with these trucks that depending on where you're at in the rpm range the power really isn't there. I'm happy with what they've put on my programmer but just want the option of changing some things up but have no idea what adjustments to make. Any help is appreciated. And please, don't let me blow my engine or transmission.

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    You answered your owne question in the last line!!!! leave it alone it is probably as good as it gets. Tuning takes a lot of knoledge!!! The most can be gained with a little timing increase as long as you use good gas and don't get any detination.

Ryan F
    Name: Ryan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks. That's why I figured I'd throw out the question here and see what response I get. I'm happy with the tune they put on it but was just curious about it.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    I don't think there's anything to be gained when tuning an n/a 3v, most of the gains from the tune you feel are likely to be changes to how the transmission is controlled (increased line pressure, later shift points, different torque converter lock-up speeds, etc).

The amount of timing they've put into your tune, is based on what they decided is the safe amount to run dependant on the octane of gas the tune was meant for. More octane, more timing, in general.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK