2 weeks ago I found a 2001 HD up in Indianapolis with 122K miles. It is a 1-owner truck and in great shape. It needs a little bit of TLC and maintenance, but I plan on restoring her over time.

This was the first day after I bought it.

Day 1.jpg

I swapped out all of the interior lights to LEDs, replaced the hood shocks, and changed out the cruise control buttons in the first week. Today (3/24/2019) I swapped the OEM rear shocks for some L-spec Bilsteins. L-spec front shocks should be here sometime next week and those will be installed once they show up.

0324191836.jpg

The truck came with an old flip out CD player. I replaced it with a double-DIN SONY. I also replaced the front speakers with a set of 6x8 Kicker components and installed the tweeters in the door panels next to the speakers. A set of 6x8 Kicker coaxials will be here tomorrow and installed sometime next weekend. All speakers are connected to a 5-channel SoundStream amp. I will be building a box to fit inside of the rear console in the next coming months - nothing crazy, probably a 10" sub for a little extra bass. I mounted the amp to the bottom of the passenger front seat and all wiring is hidden under the carpet and behind paneling. I added sound-proofing to the front doors and will do the back doors when I install the new speakers. I put in black trim HD headlights with LED corner lights (pictures to come soon).

0324191022.jpg

0324191122.jpg

0324191143.jpg

0324191328.jpg

Coming in the mail this week are F & R Powerstop calipers, rotors, and pads. New bearings and wheel seals will also be installed. Two front Motorcraft control arms, two Motorcraft lower ball joints along with new LCA bushings and sway bar end links have been ordered. Also MOOG inner and outer tie rods will be installed soon.