Thread: Looking for - How to: Timing Chain Guides Replacement

Name: Phil

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking for - How to: Timing Chain Guides Replacement

Hello All,

I was hoping someone can guide me in the right direction. I am looking to change my Timing chain guides, Chain, Tensioner. I have been doing pretty good with my truck but every once and awhile on startup I get the rattle. I have search this forum, and You tube but only find information on the 5.4 V3. Does is there a How to: on this topic and while I am in there what is would be good items to change, Water pump?

Thanks again for whatever advice can be provided.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What are other doing when it comes to replacing these guides / chain etc. ? I am hoping this can eventually be moved to the How to section since it does not currently exist but at some point everyone owning these trucks will need to have this service. I think most of us use these trucks as a daily driver so, the mor einformation the sooner we can have the truck back on the road.

I came across this Youtube video that helps somewhat. But it does not describe all that is needed to get there Parts teardown etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urAeqLSxPp4&t=31s

Can anyone else help with information to contribute?

Name: Mark

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't there's a resource out there that covers it all. Hopefully this youtube channel is going to cover everything in time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I sorry I did not see you post a channel. Hopefully those that already did it will chime in with info.