Thread: P0303 and P0300 engine codes

Name: Collin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

P0303 and P0300 engine codes

My truck is a 2002 f150 supercharged harley davidson edtion with 135k miles and ive had it for about 6 months. I was having these codes and was told by a reputable shop around me that the truck needed an intake gasket so me and my dad did all the work. While we were in there we replaced all 8 coil packs and all 8 spark plugs with ford motorcraft platinums gapped to .054. After a few days of driving with the truck running fine i decided to get on it some and the check engine light started flashing so i got off it i was only doing about 70 when it came on. I brought my codereader with me and i have a P0171, P0172, P0300 and a P0303 which are the same codes that i had before i started working on the truck. I have check all the vaccume lines and while we had the whole tree off we replaced anything that was dry and cracking. I am really at a loss here and looking for any help or ideas of where to start again. Thank you to anyone that can help.

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    I'm assuming while you had everything off you plunged the turkey pan line on the back of the lower intake, if not it would be the likely cause of the P0170 and P0172 If you did plug the line I would start looking at the fuel system. I would install a new Motorcraft fuel filter first, and then check the fuel pressure. I would also exchange that number three injector with a different cylinder and see if the miss fire follows that injector. If it does not I would do the same with the number three coil and plug. New does not always mean good. I would also put some injector cleaner in the tank, my choice would be Lucas better yet Chevron with Tecktron usually available at Advance auto. If still having issues a compression test would be in order. If you have an OBD tool that will do MODE 6 go int mode 6 and look at the misfire counts, this is usually in the 54 designation.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didnt plug that line i didnt find out about it until after i had everything back togther. i put in a new fuel filter before i did any of the work for the intake gasket. I didnt put the injectors back in the right order so i dont know if i put the same one back when i put them back and i have swapped the coil to the number 1 cylinder to see if it follows and the code hasnt come back up yet just a p0171 code but the truck still feels like its running rough.

Name: Chuck

Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    there is a good chance the turkey pan hose is leaking, the hose is probably very brittle and removal may have done it in. First place to start on the lean codes, other than having it smoke checked to find the leak for sure..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The misfire hasnt come back yet thankfully the bank one lean code is still on i guess ill start there and see what happens thank you.