Thread: how much hp will i gain?

Hybrid View

Name: Adrian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay so I got the stock lower off at the dealer for 300 bucks removed the messed up sc and installed lightning sc and now there is a weird noise coming from the supercharger , could it be the porting ? The filled silencer holes? Or is it bad ? And now I got what sounds like terrible detonation I didn't use the ngtr6 because I'm from Mexico and I couldn't get them so they installed some motorcraft at the dealer but could I get detonation after just 20 miles ? From new plugs ? I'm really getting tired of this truck first the head gasket then the supercharger? now this ? I haven't even put 1000 miles on the truck and just problem after problem
    Another theory could the supercharger thrown debris into the engine and damaged it ? Idk the supercharger had a little movement but my old one is way worse il post a link later for a video from the detonation

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian.froese View Post
    could I get detonation after just 20 miles ? From new plugs ? I'm really getting tired of this truck first the head gasket then the supercharger? now this ? I haven't even put 1000 miles on the truck and just problem after problem
    Another theory could the supercharger thrown debris into the engine and damaged it ? Idk the supercharger had a little movement but my old one is way worse il post a link later for a video from the detonation
    Well, the age of the plugs really means zero, if you have the wrong heat rated plug or a bad tune a motor can detonate. There are plugs with the correct heat rating, and if you do a little searching here I'm sure there is a chart or list with all the plug manufactures and part numbers. I will see if I can find it, and post it.

It sounds like you got a truck that the last owner didn't take care of, more than a truck that was manufactured with defects. You could really save a ton of money by doing the work yourself, and there are enough guys here with experience to help you through almost anything if you are clear in your questions.

As far as the sc throwing debris into the engine, simply yes, that can happen. If you run the engine with out an air filter, absolutely. But that can happen with a naturally aspirated engine too, the sc really doesn't make any effect on that. That said, if you don't have any type of oil separator then you are getting excess oil into the intake track. While you had the sc off, did you look at or clean the ic? That could be another large part of the equation here.

Look, you have a specialty vehicle that needs some special care. And I bet if you get a good tune, clean ic and the correct plugs with that new sc and pulleys it will be a lot of fun!! Get that oil sep in there too.